Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thank you Apple!

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
095.png

ca7.png

4aa.jpg

nokia.jpg

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Ultimately, who fricken cares regarding the apple v samsung debate. I may sound hypocritical from previous posts in this thread I have made..

Buy the phone you want to buy.. if it stuffs up cause YOU have bent it or whatever, you're a douche. If it stuffs up from soemthing that isn't your fault, go back to the retailer/manufacturer.

Stop ya bitchin ;)

xo.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
In all of this bending stuff, I LOL'd hard when I read that a lot of Apple stores had iPhones broken because people were walking in and trying to bend them to see if it was true, and then they break the device and walk out. I'm pretty sure I could break my S5 if I tried my hardest to bend it too.

If you tried hard enough most things will bend .
On a side note the Nokia 3310 was one of the better phones I have had

BushSSV

Stone chip collector
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SSV
If you don't understand that it is a computer in your hand then you don't know what a computer is. You do realise iOS is just a flavour of Linux don't you?

Come on man, you don't think that 'supercomputer' is hyperbole AT BEST? A computer has productivity functionality. Running Photoshop, CAD or ProTools on your phone are you? FFS. I give up if even someone who knows ICT falls for this tripe.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
My Samsung Note 2 can dual boot into Ubuntu for Android. It then runs as a Ubuntu Desktop. What use is it? Absolutely no use at all... But I did it... Well you know...

Because racecar.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Where did I say "super computer"?

The descriptive of "super computer" used in the video is over-exaggerating and bordering on sarcasm. That's pretty obvious. But its use is in order to highlight the sort of device we're talking about here. Bloody impressive modern technology that morons are mistreating and then whinging about it when they break it. Although it is a contextual thing. Compared the computers of days gone by, a smart phone IS a super computer.

ANY smart phone is impressive technology and ALL of them can be used productively and as a PC replacement if you know what you're doing and your job us suited to it. I work from home at least one day a week. As an IT manager who is also partially "hands on" technically, almost all my work from home work can be done via my smart phone. And finally, I can remote into my home PC and work PC from anywhere in the world provided I have access to the internet.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
My Samsung Note 2 can dual boot into Ubuntu for Android. It then runs as a Ubuntu Desktop. What use is it? Absolutely no use at all... But I did it... Well you know...

Because racecar.

Remote access is my favourite.

Can control my desktop PC while im at work. Really handy when I want to have a show torrented before I get home.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Come on man, you don't think that 'supercomputer' is hyperbole AT BEST? A computer has productivity functionality. Running Photoshop, CAD or ProTools on your phone are you? FFS. I give up if even someone who knows ICT falls for this tripe.

It kind of is hyperbole in a way, but in all honesty - today's smartphone is more powerful than the desktop or server of the early 2000's.

I like the way they talk them up myself, people take them for granted too much sometimes when they really are just amazing technology - not just iphones pretty much every smartphone.

As someone in ICT I can only sit back and marvel that I now own a smartphone with a 2.3GHz QUAD core CPU, dedicated GPU, 2GB RAM, a 1080P screen, wireless AC, two camera's, 4G modem, 16GB storage with the ability to add another 128GB and fits in my pocket!!!

It's the future, it's science fiction it's all the hyperbole you could imagine baby!

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
You would need over 13,000 of the IBM 350s on the left to make one of the SanDisks on the right!!!

Computer-Storage.jpg

If only the aeroplane technology had advanced proportionally!

BushSSV

Stone chip collector
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SSV
Where did I say "super computer"?

Where did I say you did. I laughed at the evangelist in the video saying it.

The descriptive of "super computer" used in the video is over-exaggerating and bordering on sarcasm. That's pretty obvious. But its use is in order to highlight the sort of device we're talking about here. Bloody impressive modern technology that morons are mistreating and then whinging about it when they break it. Although it is a contextual thing. Compared the computers of days gone by, a smart phone IS a super computer.

He wasn't being sarcastic, he was being a fan. That's extremely obvious to the uninvested viewer. And he never contextualised by chronology - thus he means it's a computer compared to a current computer. Which it's not. The simplest and cheapest Netbook has more functionality than a smartphone. Fact.

ANY smart phone is impressive technology and ALL of them can be used productively and as a PC replacement if you know what you're doing and your job us suited to it. I work from home at least one day a week. As an IT manager who is also partially "hands on" technically, almost all my work from home work can be done via my smart phone. And finally, I can remote into my home PC and work PC from anywhere in the world provided I have access to the internet.

You cannot replace a computer with a smartphone with any sort of realistic productive results. How do you replace three 21" CAD displays with a 5" screen? How do you replace balanced TRS audio recording and processing with a pocket device? How do you word process with any speed without a keyboard? If any of this marketing crap was true, businesses would be replacing PCs with smart devices. Secretaries would be typing on their phones. Designers would be working outdoors. etc etc.

I entered this thread with a comment about how my organisation actually DID invest in smart tech to replace PCs. And it was a total and utter disaster.

Smart devices are useful for emails, youtube, Facebook etc. They make passable cameras (unless you actually compare to a proper camera LOL). They can be fairly good music players. They cannot be used for real work that requires real computers with real peripherals.