Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

It's Motorsport Baby!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Some good cars behind as well.

Indeed including a Commodore SS and HSV Senator. It shows that power isn't everything, brakes and handling make for a very good drivers car.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Indeed including a Commodore SS and HSV Senator. It shows that power isn't everything, brakes and handling make for a very good drivers car.

And more importantly, driver skill.

Reactions: Lex

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
And more importantly, driver skill.
And let’s be fair, not wanting to bin 100k worth of car in the wet. And that’s fair enough, but to bad, I did a thing quicker even if they weren’t trying ner ner :p

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
Ah still similing. Again, a cheap grocery kart should not be this much fun.

Heck that LSD.. Maaaaaaan the balance now is so good. Get it into corner mostly where I want, feel the front end leg go, no worriers, bit of throttle, front grips, and it steps out gently, really nice. Suppose the long wheel base helps that. Then from there I can control the slide as much as i want and get back on it. Everyone should have a LSD / mini spool / weld locker.

Go race your dailys! :D

Some cool cars here again this weekend, will run around and try to get some photos. :)

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
Ah well we had an extra 30m this morning in qualifying. All were excited because it was set to be a dry day.

We each had 5 laps to be idiots and some were!

Bunch of offs, someone gardened in the inside of 4, and left mid thick over the complete corner but we all did faster than yesterday.

My best was a 2:07, still miles away from that sub 2m I wanted but still sitting pretty proud in the times. (In front of a v8 VY go booooi ) :p

Anyway selected a 2:15 to replicate all day, should be easy.

Our team of 6 reckons we will try for 2x stints of 25m, that should average it all out and see us at the end of the day.

In the dry I welcomed back that understeer, I have now set a rears 2psi softer (hoping it’s dry by the time I’m in) and I’ll see how that feels. If wet, I’ll bring ‘em all back to 24psi (was gaining 2psi when hot)

Who wants in next year? :)

IMG_2234.png

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
IMG_2238.png

Oops, did a 1.57 hahah

Yaaaaaaas broke the 2m barrier! That’s a PB that is. Go you stupid Ecotec.

Promise I’ll bath you when home in 1000km.

IMG_2241 Copy.jpeg

Reactions: Lex

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Nice!

You hit your target for the weekend so that's a good win.

In the dry I welcomed back that understeer, I have now set a rears 2psi softer (hoping it’s dry by the time I’m in) and I’ll see how that feels. If wet, I’ll bring ‘em all back to 24psi (was gaining 2psi when hot)

I was thinking about this yesterday (but forgot to reply), do you have adjustable sway bars? IIRC, if you firm up the rear bar or soften the front bar it should make it more pointy (oversteer) and the opposite (stiffen the front of soften the rear) to make it more grandma spec.

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
Nice!

You hit your target for the weekend so that's a good win.

I was thinking about this yesterday (but forgot to reply), do you have adjustable sway bars? IIRC, if you firm up the rear bar or soften the front bar it should make it more pointy (oversteer) and the opposite (stiffen the front of soften the rear) to make it more grandma spec.
Hay that’s right.

In the wet, with the rear on its softest it was plenty directional. I mean. It was so easy to steer with the throttle. And yes In the dry, I should have stiffened it up.

Confess I was still getting a feel for what the thing felt like with semi slicks, but next time, yep will be adjusting that bar.