Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

It's Motorsport Baby!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
It doesn't matter how big your tool is if you don't know how to use it!

Reactions: Lex

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
I think that's the secret to this econo-box, you can't get to precious about these things so you are rewarded for pushing it a little.

There was this chappy taking photos up there, I'm so vain how could I say no; https://www.armstrongriderps.com

Daniel Boaden - 2003 Holden VY Commodore - CAR_5356-(ZF-0614-82703-1-004).jpg
Daniel Boaden - 2003 Holden VY Commodore - CAR_6842-(ZF-0614-82703-1-003).jpg
Daniel Boaden - 2003 Holden VY Commodore - CAR_7168-(ZF-0614-82703-1-002).jpg
Daniel Boaden - 2003 Holden VY Commodore - CAR_8968-(ZF-0614-82703-1-001).jpg

The thing corners really flat, it's awesome.

I did make the mistake of filling the tank before sending it, note the material pissed out of the filler cap, Didn't realize there was a vent in there.

Go fang your commodores.

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
Well well well, it's nearly time for Philip Island 6hr once more. After getting under 2m at Sydney, I'm super keen to see what happens out there.

29-30 July.

Have I manager to get anyone keen to come have a drive?

The team I'm in have 3x spots available which will give us x10 like minded wierdo's hanging out together.

Costs?
- ~$670 for the weekend and the team feeds you lunch and breakfast.
- Decide how nice of a hotel you want, (we all get a couple of AirBnb's, some camp),
- Budget a service just to be safe,
- You'll use a tank of fuel,
- If you need an extinguisher ~$60 from supercheap

That' nearly it..

Hit me up on the message if you want to get involved. Great dam fun :)

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
We had a full team, then 2x got caught up with work and have had to cancel :(

2x spots available should anyone want to come play. Philip island, is good, is very very good.
Fun weekend talking crap with kids who like things with wheels, will be fun.

PM me and I'll put you in contact with the team manager.

This was last year, when it was still auto, without the 3.7 diff or LSD, and just on some RE003's

This could be you too! :D

Last edited:

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
Race weekend update!

IMG_2576.jpeg

Ah the sub 2m lap is getting close… managed a 2:00.7

Haha!

Kinda thought it would be easier then this now with manual and the lsd… turns out I don’t know the track very well.

Don’t know what I’m doing at 1, haven’t got a brake point sorted at 4 (stoping waaaay to early) the floaty feeling over lukey heights had me correct the steering wheel a couple of times… interesting feeling hahah.

One session left for me today, going to find some old codgers to talk too to get the sub 2m.

Oh last time I was here, (auto, road tyres) did a 2:08.. the slicks should be worth more time than that, time to be brave woohoo!

Last edited:

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
Does this link work?

This says I managed a 2m lap, and more importantly, Faster then a SLK Merc that smoked me last time :p

Good crowd of commies out there this year we had nearly 1x of everything;

-Grp A VL (sick)
-VN (Old Saloon car, Buick)
-VS (Eco)
-VX (Eco, This guy also came back with it converted to Manual, we were both running autos last year and were like. Faaaark yeah these things are so good! hahah
-VY (Yours truly)
-VE (Wagon SS / Manual)

Calling VT's VP's VZ's and VF's!

Slower today, but everyone in my team was so we are blaming the wind. Althought i reckon I'm starting to tire out this 300k km Eco.. there were moements pullin out of turn 5 in 3rd and it was like it was climbing a mountain.. something not right..

Oh the 3.7 Diff is a freeking treat, Down the main straight, 5k rpm, 190km/h in 5th gear. Perfect!

Coming over the hill at Lukey Heights is now my most favourite thing ever. Half way through 5th, back to 4th, turn in, slide it wide over the blind crest, hope the flag point is awake, catch it on the way down, slam on the brakes. Ah.... its the riding a swing type of feeling with your guts playing catch up on the way down.

The.. Best..

I actually messed it up a couple of times and needed to go to the control tower to "please explain". The humiliation was worth the practice in working out that corner some more.

IMG_2601 Copy.JPG

IMG_2568.jpg

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
Oh! Some of the weapons!

IMG_2593.jpg
IMG_2589.jpg
IMG_2584.jpg

IMG_2579.jpg
IMG_2573.jpg

Yep that's a Toyote Echo Sedan with a flat floor and working diffuser. He did a 2m04s. You could be faster then an Echo with a homemade aero kit.

We could have a team we could.. Image.. a fleet of commodores under-steering all over the place.

Majestic.

Reactions: Lex

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
oh this was fun..

Need some more horses I do hahah. Turns out if you are gonna do a power slide you need, power. haha

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy

Another down the hill after Lukey. I had to go explain who I thought I was for nearly binning it at a Regulality event.. yeah fair enough haha.