Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help build a new computer!!

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Should have probably put all this under one post but CBF. My monitor, 22inch ASUS MW221C Black WSXGA+. I want to run dual 22"s when $$$'s persists

1680x1050, 2ms Response, DVI, Contrast 2000:1, HDCP

1758_l.jpg

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Just my opinion on the parts Banks has listed.
That mouse (if its the laser one) is ****ing awesome and I only trialled it in office works, and i could see the potential with the extra buttons. I hate wireless, their heavy and require charging, but that is one mouse i would buy.
I have trialed a similar keyboard and the angle did **** me quickly, but it was like a 10 minute trial, and I have a passsion for logitech gear.
The monitor us nice, but id hate to see the price (banks can you inform me), though it is a slim monitor perfect for dualing. Apparently the human eye cant notice anything faster then 6ms, so anything fasted is apparently a waste of money.

Getting hard drive, you must be getting excited, I know whats it like when you get the last piece of the puzzle and you start building.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Yes I am going with the MX Revolution mouse, my mate has one and can't praise it enough. Keyboard I don't know yet.
As for monitor, i'm going with the LG 22" WS L226WTP-BF.
I have finished installing (not everything is wired yet) everything bar the graphics and TV tuner cards and i'll say one thing about these coolermaster cases.........I hate this tooless crap!! Give me a screw any day!
This is sarting to push my skills assembling this computer, it's been over 5 years since I did my course and things like SATA are new to me.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Yes I am going with the MX Revolution mouse, my mate has one and can't praise it enough. Keyboard I don't know yet.
As for monitor, i'm going with the LG 22" WS L226WTP-BF.
I have finished installing (not everything is wired yet) everything bar the graphics and TV tuner cards and i'll say one thing about these coolermaster cases.........I hate this tooless crap!! Give me a screw any day!
This is sarting to push my skills assembling this computer, it's been over 5 years since I did my course and things like SATA are new to me.

Agreed, Tool-Less is crap. Screws FTW.
When I first used it SATA it put me off a bit, but after using it once, its so much easier then IDE, now I hate using IDE.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Agreed, Tool-Less is crap. Screws FTW.
When I first used it SATA it put me off a bit, but after using it once, its so much easier then IDE, now I hate using IDE.
Yeah it seems scary only because it's something different, but they are much easier.
Ok H.D.D's are in and wired for power and data........BUT!! My MOBO has 4 master and 2 slave SATA ports, what does each device get wired as? I have wired the 250GB HDD as a master in port 1 since it will be the boot disk, but what ports should I use for the 750GB data drive and the DVD burner?

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
Should have probably put all this under one post but CBF. My monitor, 22inch ASUS MW221C Black WSXGA+. I want to run dual 22"s when $$$'s persists

1680x1050, 2ms Response, DVI, Contrast 2000:1, HDCP

1758_l.jpg

yeah thats the same monitor i have. ****s all over any others i have seen so far.

maybe not my lcd tv though lol

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Yeah it seems scary only because it's something different, but they are much easier.
Ok H.D.D's are in and wired for power and data........BUT!! My MOBO has 4 master and 2 slave SATA ports, what does each device get wired as? I have wired the 250GB HDD as a master in port 1 since it will be the boot disk, but what ports should I use for the 750GB data drive and the DVD burner?

Bets me, mine were labelled 1,2,3,4 haha.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Also forgot to mention a price for anyone interested. Using a combination of MSY, CPL and internet shops I purchased all of the following for $1494:
CoolerMaster Centurian case
550W PSU
Asus P5K Pro MOBO
Intel E8500 Dual core processor
4GB transcend kit (thinking of going 8GB for the hell of it running 64-bit vista)
Asus 1GB 8800GT Graphics card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Card
Leadtek DVR3200H HD TV Tuner card
Seagate 750GB SATA HDD
Seagate 250GB SATA HDD
Pioneer 20x SATA DVD burner
Once I work out how to fit the TV Tuner card in (the graphics card has a huge heatsink and fan) my uncles mate is going to give it the once over to make sure I have it all wired correctly since it's been about 2 years since I have built my own system and that was using IDE and an on board graphics setup.
Once again, thanks to all who helped out!!

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Just my opinion on the parts Banks has listed.
That mouse (if its the laser one) is ****ing awesome and I only trialled it in office works, and i could see the potential with the extra buttons. I hate wireless, their heavy and require charging, but that is one mouse i would buy.
I have trialed a similar keyboard and the angle did **** me quickly, but it was like a 10 minute trial, and I have a passsion for logitech gear.
The monitor us nice, but id hate to see the price (banks can you inform me), though it is a slim monitor perfect for dualing. Apparently the human eye cant notice anything faster then 6ms, so anything fasted is apparently a waste of money.

Getting hard drive, you must be getting excited, I know whats it like when you get the last piece of the puzzle and you start building.

$335 :) I want to sell it thou and get dual ASUS 24"s lol @ $500 each, i like the "splendid" feature that they have, i used it quite a bit.

As i said in the other thread that logitech edge keyboard would be mine IF it had a side keypad.

Is SATA like HDMI? One cable for everything? When i built mine sata wasnt even out yet lol. As you 2 said its a bit scary changing over to something you've never used b4 lol