Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aluminum DS for Caprice

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I can’t wait to feel my motor spool up faster. Now we don’t even need a turbo for that happen. I can’t believe automotive engineering has over looked it for so long.

blownrat350

Reaction score
Members Ride
SC VE
Nope. Physics.
Radius, weight, inertia, and all that other 'rocket surgery'.
Attach a straight 1 inch metal rod to you electric drill, then attach a 28 inch bicycle wheel, of the same weight to the same drill, then tell us your informed findings.
Hey do you have any photos of this fitted? I cant get the other side of the bike rim on the rubber diff yoke.
Thanks in advance
Dan :cool:

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Have you got any pics of the one piece drive shaft?

blownrat350

Reaction score
Members Ride
SC VE
Have you got any pics of the one piece drive shaft?
Yer mate, its a custom job, from the chuck straight threw to the yoke........ I like to run a bigger cam in the flux-capacitor as well, for a little bit extra mid range spool. The secrete is a two piece cam!!!!

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Be good to see a photo.

As a fact. The VY and VZ Crewman have by far the longest wheel base of all the Commodores. They have a two piece prop shaft. The length of each of the prop shafts is long enough that Holden had to speed restrict the Crewmans to 160kmh. Fact.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Hey do you have any photos of this fitted? I cant get the other side of the bike rim on the rubber diff yoke.
Thanks in advance
Dan :cool:
Sorry, No.
After I spooled the bicycle wheel up to 15,000rpm, it came off my drill and disappeared down the road.
The conclusion of this experiment is in a physics and science report that I yet have to write.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Be good to see a photo.

As a fact. The VY and VZ Crewman have by far the longest wheel base of all the Commodores. They have a two piece prop shaft. The length of each of the prop shafts is long enough that Holden had to speed restrict the Crewmans to 160kmh. Fact.
I find that hard to believe, as there was a member of this forum some time ago who reckoned he could lap a Crewman around Mt Panorama faster than a V8Supercar.
Don't remember who, but some members may recall that incredible post.

blownrat350

Reaction score
Members Ride
SC VE
I find that hard to believe, as there was a member of this forum some time ago who reckoned he could lap a Crewman around Mt Panorama faster than a V8Supercar.
Don't remember who, but some members may recall that incredible post.
old mate doesnt drive a SWB Nissan now by any chance?

blownrat350

Reaction score
Members Ride
SC VE
Sorry, No.
After I spooled the bicycle wheel up to 15,000rpm, it came off my drill and disappeared down the road.
The conclusion of this experiment is in a physics and science report that I yet have to write.
sounds like it'll be a bloody good read mate, looking forward to it.
At the risk of making this thread sound like an ad.............. Again!! haha. Ur not doin signed copies are you? Cheers for da laugh!!