Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aluminum DS for Caprice

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Metric tools, celcius temps and metres for the win.

I like my socket at 10mm and my freezing point at 0 damnit!

In what world is using fractions more logical than millimeter....oh that bolt looks like 19/3248th

I've spent a lot of time in the states, my god it's the most backward-ass place on the planet. Still stuck in it's own bubble of delusional self absorbed importance.

Reacher

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Caprice
Actually, I agree. Remember, Swiss. Leaving soon. The people at Political Instability have known it's a failed state for decades but don't dare say so. (it's the nukes) Every Empire in the last 5000 years has committed suicide. So the US will, after really only 70 years of being an Empire. The good news is civilization builds back up copies, today there are at least 13.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
In what world is using fractions more logical than millimeter....oh that bolt looks like 19/3248th
I have had to work in the US measurements FAA decreed in civil aviation.
Something is 4 metres long ? Perhaps 13 feet, one and half inches ? No, it is 157.48 inches.
Only a country that measures sinkholes in equivalent refridgerators and bathtubs volumes could understand that logic.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I have had to work in the US measurements FAA decreed in civil aviation.
Something is 4 metres long ? Perhaps 13 feet, one and half inches ? No, it is 157.48 inches.
Only a country that measures sinkholes in equivalent refridgerators and bathtubs volumes could understand that logic.
And measure fuel economy in freedoms per bald eagle.

I love it when Americans compare the metric system to communism on mechanic FB groups etc, it really shows their level of intelligence. It's like a country of upset toddlers throwing a tantrum.

But by far the biggest laughing point at America is that they truely believe they are the land of the free.

I've got a lot of American friends in Aus who completely agree that kids from the moment they are born are conditioned to believe America is number #1 and everyone else just wishes they were in America and that the rest of the world outside of their little bubble only exists to serve America (be it a holiday destination, a country exporting resources etc) and that if anyone disagrees with that they are a communist or a terrorist. It's amazing that so many public schools in the US even in 2022 still don't teach geography or history outside of their own little bubble.

Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I've got a lot of American friends in Aus who completely agree that kids from the moment they are born are conditioned to believe America is number #1 .............. etc

We had a daughter-in-law from Colorado Springs for a couple of years, until she decided to pack up, and piss off back to her US home.
That is a long story, involving a lot of our family hospitality, emotions, and finances just flushed away.

She was complaining about her well paid Aussie job to us one day ........... nothing was OK, boss was an idiot, couldn't wait until she climbed the ladder of success to show us how it is done .... blah, blah.
My words of wisdom .......... "Sometimes you have to put up with ****, until you are in a position where you don't have to put up with it"
Her reply ...................." I'm an American, and Americans don't put up with **** from anyone"
Me, thought, but not said, .................. 'Wish you well for the future with that attitude'.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
And measure fuel economy in freedoms per bald eagle.

I love it when Americans compare the metric system to communism on mechanic FB groups etc, it really shows their level of intelligence. It's like a country of upset toddlers throwing a tantrum.

But by far the biggest laughing point at America is that they truely believe they are the land of the free.

I've got a lot of American friends in Aus who completely agree that kids from the moment they are born are conditioned to believe America is number #1 and everyone else just wishes they were in America and that the rest of the world outside of their little bubble only exists to serve America (be it a holiday destination, a country exporting resources etc) and that if anyone disagrees with that they are a communist or a terrorist. It's amazing that so many public schools in the US even in 2022 still don't teach geography or history outside of their own little bubble.
Brainwashed!

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Resource identification, not advertisement. It is difficult to find a valuable one piece DS modification off the shelf. No one it seems makes a light weight Carbon Fiber or Aluminum one piece driveshaft for most of the Holden cars, including Commodores. Now that you have deleted... "Those" folks who were my resource, who have you benefited? In this case I had to remove the 2 piece DS and take careful measurments in order to have a custom aluminum DS made. They did, it fit perfectly with the benefits I wrote of. So now that deleted resource has the exact measurements for anyone who wants them to make one for them, for a Commodore, Statesman or Caprice, but you don't think your members should know. You deleted the resource.

As to Reaper...I have no idea what any of that is about except I know that the comment was not deleted.

Geez, first gen Commodores originally came with a 1 piece drive shaft....From that they changed to a 2 piece one..

Ford around the same era of 2000 actually came with a 1 piece aluminum drive shaft...So you're a bit behind the times pal

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
engine spools up faster...?????

crock of s#@t that.. ! engineering myth.:confused:
a tailshaft/driveshaft is driven by the engine... NOT the other way around
so has ZERO impact. Next you will tell us an alloy diff housing will also allow the engine to spool up faster :rolleyes:

Beat me to it.....Me thinks he is on something we don't want to be on

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
So if the driveshaft weighed 100 pounds, it would not slow down how fast the engine spools up?

The drive shaft transfers the power the engine develops to the drive wheels.....So no bloody way it can help spool the engine up