Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aluminum DS for Caprice

Reacher

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Caprice
Deleted the 2 piece (36 pounds), installed a one piece aluminum drive shaft (18 pounds) from The .........
A very nice upgrade. Engine spools up faster and very smooth.

Mod: business name removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
This looks and feels like an advertisement. If you wish to advertise you will need to become a site sponsor otherwise desist advertising. Post edited.

Reacher

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Caprice
Resource identification, not advertisement. It is difficult to find a valuable one piece DS modification off the shelf. No one it seems makes a light weight Carbon Fiber or Aluminum one piece driveshaft for most of the Holden cars, including Commodores. Now that you have deleted... "Those" folks who were my resource, who have you benefited? In this case I had to remove the 2 piece DS and take careful measurments in order to have a custom aluminum DS made. They did, it fit perfectly with the benefits I wrote of. So now that deleted resource has the exact measurements for anyone who wants them to make one for them, for a Commodore, Statesman or Caprice, but you don't think your members should know. You deleted the resource.

As to Reaper...I have no idea what any of that is about except I know that the comment was not deleted.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
If you care too look, we are an Aussie based forum with 99.8% of our members been in either Australia on New Zealand. It's very unlikely that we are going to rock up to a US based shop to have a drive shaft made up to fit to a Commodore on the other side of the world.

Reacher

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Caprice
If you care to look, some people will go to the ends of the earth to solve a problem that is driving them crazy, or inspire a local fabricator to contact a US shop and ask for a curtesy like exact measurements so they can make an aluminum DS for a local. Of course they would need the location and name of that US shop, which they would have if you had not deleted it. For their own good I'm sure.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I know we are down the bottom end of the planet and mostly behave like apes but we do have places that make drive shafts locally and to be honest, I'm not going to use some strangers measurements to make a drive shaft for my car, I'll measure up my own car and have a drive shaft made to suit.

Believe it or not but the world doesn't revolve around the US.

Drive shafts aren't rocket science.....

Reacher

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Caprice
So touchy!

And today the proper term is Rocket Surgery.

Reacher

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Caprice
Gotta 'Mericanese
You mean Americans? Yeah, they treated you poorly. Wait, really? Well, the Chinese are coming to take their place. Enjoy.

I've been in the US for 11 years and soon I'm leaving, but I just don't get "Gotta 'Mericanese". Outside of the cities most Americans I've met are all right. Compared to Zurich, or anywhere in Switzerland, America is a bargain too. Outside of the cities I mean.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
Deleted the 2 piece (36 pounds), installed a one piece aluminum drive shaft (18 pounds) from The .........
A very nice upgrade. Engine spools up faster and very smooth.

Mod: business name removed
engine spools up faster...?????

crock of s#@t that.. ! engineering myth.:confused:
a tailshaft/driveshaft is driven by the engine... NOT the other way around
so has ZERO impact. Next you will tell us an alloy diff housing will also allow the engine to spool up faster :rolleyes: