Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what size king springs on rear on VE ute will sit flat with stock front springs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Wrong
The point applies to all cars. Bounce frequency applies to all cars. Being able to test any platform by removing the shocks is applicable to all cars.

You cannot remove the shocks and run straight coils on this era commodore

Remove both and snap axles

Reacher

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Caprice
I will try again but only for other interested people. Like the movie from the 1930's, it doesn't matter if you have coil springs, struts, torsion bars or leaf springs, the spring rate and ride height determine the BF. OEM manufacturers work hard to compensate for unequal WD by using BF matched F+R with springs of different rates. Any car can prove the principle that applies to all cars. If without shocks a car is bounced F+R at once and it stays level, the BF is matched. Any other result is inferior.

A better explanation:

and

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Already answered for those who read.

Are you contentious because I wrote that the Commodore is inferior in WD to Holdens longer wheelbase cars?

What? It’s the same bloody car. There’s no shortened wheel base model. There is standard sedan and then there is the luxo barge long wheel base models. (Only the US got those decked out as a povo cop car).
transformers-shia-la-beouf.gif

Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
What? It’s the same bloody car. There’s no shortened wheel base model. There is standard sedan and then there is the luxo barge long wheel base models. (Only the US got those decked out as a povo cop car).
This BS has been propagated over the last few days by a member who either doesn't know about Commodores, or doesn't want to know about the facts about Commodores / Caprice or Statesmans / G8s / and SS's of various varieties with the same name, or is deliberately trolling with fantasies to get attention.

Methinks it is the third case, and in the meantime members are getting their balls in bunch over stuff which should be ignored.
Unfortunately, it can't be ignored, as there is too much duff gen in these posts which could be interpreted as fact by the unsuspecting members who are after genuine info.

Moderators .......... please do something !

I wonder what OP @Joel311 thinks of this schemozzle ? It's enough to make him sell his ute and buy a BYD.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There is a shorter wheel base US version.
Here it is:
4DHk6n.gif

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
This BS has been propagated over the last few days by a member who either doesn't know about Commodores, or doesn't want to know about the facts about Commodores / Caprice or Statesmans / G8s / and SS's of various varieties with the same name, or is deliberately trolling with fantasies to get attention.

Methinks it is the third case, and in the meantime members are getting their balls in bunch over stuff which should be ignored.
Unfortunately, it can't be ignored, as there is too much duff gen in these posts which could be interpreted as fact by the unsuspecting members who are after genuine info.

Moderators .......... please do something !

I wonder what OP @Joel311 thinks of this schemozzle ? It's enough to make him sell his ute and buy a BYD.

You'll note said user is currently taking a short break.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Trying to drive a vehicle with no dampers will lead to tears and injuries....

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I have just been re-reading and absorbing some of the 'alternate facts' quoted on here ( which have nothing to do with the OP's question)

The 1960 US Impala was a 119" wheelbase and in 1960 Holden fashioned it's new unibody car at 118.5", using engineering and spring rate info from US GM.

What was that new unibody car ? ............ FB and EK / EH were 105" ...........................The HQ Statesman was 114".
The only cars with a wheelbase like that were the CKD locally assembled Yank Tank Fords and Chevs, not Holdens

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
That user is fixated on 118.5" as it apparently is the recipe to achieve a perfect 50:50 weight balance.

He's been bashing that story across multiple threads because of his love of his Caprice PPV when he's not jacking off about E100.

I think I'll term it "Yanksplaining" i.e Yanks telling us how the world works. Yanksplaining!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.