Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Most servo's have it here.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Bring back attendants wearing a tie and a peaked cap who check your tyres, your oil level, and clean your windscreen.

On our first trip to Tassie ( about 2005, Bicheno, or somewhere around there) pulled into the servo, put the nozzle into the fuel neck, and waited, until a woman ran out "Stop, stop"............. me > thinking some emergency or horror > she explained that they still had the driveway service and she would fill the tank and clean the screen for us. Confusion ........I didn't know how to react to all that.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Didn't the owners of OTR not long ago buy out Coles? Still waiting for OTR to move here and improve the Coles outlets and possibly drive down the price of petrol that Coles charge.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Bring back attendants wearing a tie and a peaked cap who check your tyres, your oil level, and clean your windscreen.

On our first trip to Tassie ( about 2005, Bicheno, or somewhere around there) pulled into the servo, put the nozzle into the fuel neck, and waited, until a woman ran out "Stop, stop"............. me > thinking some emergency or horror > she explained that they still had the driveway service and she would fill the tank and clean the screen for us. Confusion ........I didn't know how to react to all that.
I got drive way service down in Augusta over Easter.

Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

We have one Ampol servo left in Launceston that still does that. You can still fill your own but it is nice to have him come and fill it for you, like it was 40 years ago. Some people buy their petrol from there just because of driveway service.

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Didn't the owners of OTR not long ago buy out Coles? Still waiting for OTR to move here and improve the Coles outlets and possibly drive down the price of petrol that Coles charge.
Part of the buy out included Coles express servos going....Just have a quick read of the link I provided :)

I have been seeing Coles servos getting changed over to Caltex now...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
From the Viva Energy website who are the company that purchased the OTR group off Perigrine

"OTR Founder, Mr Yasser Shahin, will be retained by Viva Energy to support the existing OTR Group"

What part of the group does OTR still own and operate?

I'm aware the Perigrine group still have the bend motor sport park. But that is now sponsored by Shell, rather than OTR

EDIT: If you believe google, Yasser is staying for 2 years as a consultant and wasn't the founder of OTR...His father was.

https://www.afr.com/companies/energ...Shahin, whose,OTR offer across Viva's network.