Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I'll I'm going to add is that in a criminal court, the onus is on the prosecution to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that something either wasn't done or done correctly. If the prosecutions case relied only only one expert witness then it was always a very poor case. It's also very poor if the expert didn't have comprehensive notes on his findings so another expert could take over the case. Seems that the case was rather weak as is demonstrated by the government dropping the case.

It would actually have been better if this had actually made it to court in a reasonable time frame, then he way well have been found not guilty and had his name cleared and potentially seek costs instead of what he faces now.

You need to remember that he was certified and still is certified by the department that was intending to prosecute him. A bit strange to prosecute someone and yet let them continue to perform shoddy work as they alleged in their prosecution.

That reminds me of the quote that says ‘the wheels of justice turn slowly, but grind exceedingly fine’.

There seems to be some contention as to who originally said that quote as it seems to be an amalgamation of a couple of older quotes (‘wheels of justice’, and the ‘mills of god’), but seems to date back 100s (or even 1000s) of years. But it seems just as appropriate today.

One thing that does ring true is that we don’t want to get caught up in those ‘wheels of justice’ as very few come out unscathed (guilty or not).

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I haven't read it the full story either, but 'they' have to blame some-one. It is tradition to blame someone when perhaps road conditions are not as they should be, and physics overcome rational caution.
As the Police often state " Speed was a factor" ............ well, Duhhh, of course it was ............. Physics.

There was recently a bus crash in the Hunter Valley which resulted in the deaths of 10 passengers and a lot of other injuries, and the driver is facing XX? driving charges.
The roundabout that it occurred on is ....... perhaps ................ not that well designed regarding approach and camber.
It will be an interesting witch hunt court case.

No, don't.
It is raining, and you will get it wet, or worse, end up on TV news standing on the car roof waiting for a SES rescue boat.
Did hear about that hunter valley crash.....Waiting to hear what happens there

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
not so much a fine I don't believe, but they have to be towed out, and make good the bed, so there is money involved, and they risk scrutiny of driving & vehicle, so they avoid them.
Yes, the money involved as a result of rescuing the vehicle is part of it, but it is sad the thought of saving a few bucks instead of using it is bloody scary

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Spent hours slaving over a hot stove only for the boss to not be home to enjoy it.

This house bitch is going on strike!

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Spent hours slaving over a hot stove only for the boss to not be home to enjoy it.

This house bitch is going on strike!
Serve it to her cold or just move into the garage before being thrown in there

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Serve it to her cold or just move into the garage before being thrown in there
Showing your heritage hey, Move the whole kitchen into the Garage and have the good one inside that still has its original Plastic Wrapping! :p

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Showing your heritage hey, Move the whole kitchen into the Garage and have the good one inside that still has its original Plastic Wrapping! :p

This is the way

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Accountant submitted wife's tax late last week. Wife just got an SMS telling her to get on My Gov and pay her tax bill that was due six days before it was even lodged. This is not a scam either. :oops:

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Accountant submitted wife's tax late last week. Wife just got an SMS telling her to get on My Gov and pay her tax bill that was due six days before it was even lodged. This is not a scam either. :oops:
The written word can be confusing as in
(A) She submitted it late last week ??? or
(B) She submitted last years return late cause it should have been in by March ???
Just send a please explain if in doubt.
I always found the ATO were mostly very good to deal with and very helpful.
Hope she logged into My Gov via her online log in and phone pin and not through the link in the email.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The written word can be confusing as in
(A) She submitted it late last week ??? or
(B) She submitted last years return late cause it should have been in by March ???
Just send a please explain if in doubt.
I always found the ATO were mostly very good to deal with and very helpful.
Hope she logged into My Gov via her online log in and phone pin and not through the link in the email.
Both (A) and (B) can be true.

But don't worry, he is off to buy a pile of iTunes cards this morning to sort it out.