Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
What part of the group does OTR still own and operate?

I'm aware the Perigrine group still have the bend motor sport park. But that is now sponsored by Shell, rather than OTR

Perigrine owned OTR and sold it to Viva, but retained Yasser Shahin to oversee things.

Viva also purchased Coles Express but I guess in SA ACCC said no due to market share. hence the change to Caltex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Part of the buy out included Coles express servos going....Just have a quick read of the link I provided :)

I have been seeing Coles servos getting changed over to Caltex now...
Doesn't actually say much. I was of the understanding that all Coles servos were to become OTRs, well that's what it said on the news a year or two ago.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Doesn't actually say much. I was of the understanding that all Coles servos were to become OTRs, well that's what it said on the news a year or two ago.

I'm seeing coles servos turning into Caltexs.....

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Perigrine owned OTR and sold it to Viva, but retained Yasser Shahin to oversee things.

Viva also purchased Coles Express but I guess in SA ACCC said no due to market share. hence the change to Caltex

Can only go by a google search, which mentions Yasser Shahin work as a consultant to convenience and mobility CEO Jevan Bouzo for 2 years with a focus on the expansion of the OTR offer across Viva's network....

The thing with Yasser Shahin is, he won't have as much clout as he did have when the rest of the family owned the chain....So the treatment of people the Shahins were infamous for will stop...(Or should)

Funny thing about Caltex is, I saw Ampol taking over their sites and now Caltex are taking over the Shell sites.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
We have one Ampol servo left in Launceston that still does that. You can still fill your own but it is nice to have him come and fill it for you, like it was 40 years ago. Some people buy their petrol from there just because of driveway service.
A guy in Ulverstone does it at the top of town. I think all the other servos were self-serve. I was there on a Sunday and needed air in one of my tyres as it had a slow puncture. Every servo I went in was self-serve with no attendant and no airline.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Shahins sold OTR to Viva and then became a Viva shareholder.

So they are still in the game, instead of owning a huge amount of SA servos and few interstate they now part own hundreds of servos all over the country.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
What has happened to Caltex service stations?

That licence is no longer exclusive and from 2023 the Caltex brand will be solely used by Chevron. In 2020, Chevron purchased the Puma Energy fuel business in Australia and has started rebranding many of the Puma service stations to Caltex.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
What has happened to Caltex service stations?

That licence is no longer exclusive and from 2023 the Caltex brand will be solely used by Chevron. In 2020, Chevron purchased the Puma Energy fuel business in Australia and has started rebranding many of the Puma service stations to Caltex.
Most rebranded to Ampol here in SA. Believe they are Puma in NT and some other places.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I don't know of any Caltex in Tasmania. AFAIK they all became Ampol, where many were originally Ampol anyway but at some point they became Caltex.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
We've run out of Duck River butter and I now have to use margarine. Gee that annoys me, life is tough, so unfair.