Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The most "ugliest" Commodore ever made

Ugliest Commodore made?

• VB-VK

Votes: 106 19.4%
  • VL

Votes: 89 16.3%
  • VN/VP

Votes: 173 31.7%
  • VR/VS

Votes: 30 5.5%
  • VT/VX

Votes: 44 8.1%
  • VY

Votes: 12 2.2%
  • VZ

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • VE

Votes: 86 15.8%

• Total voters

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The VP, particularly the Calais. Those bloody rear wheel spats and clear grille.

Speryew!

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Personally, I think the VP Exec has a spectacularly ugly grille, but voting for the VP would mean voting for the VN, as well as voting for the higher end VPs (SS, Calais, the HSVs) whicih actually look quite decent.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
VB and VE are both shockers IMO.
Especially the VE front and gaurds. Looks like they got the measurements wrong on the front and had to bend the gaurds in to hide it.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
VT/VX for sure.

On par in ugliness with the AU.

VT-Commodore-97-00.jpg

Especially with that rounded, half melted looking ass. And I absolutely hate the garnish between the lights.

Ugh.

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
VT looked good for its time. I remember thinking it was awesome when it came out. I look at them these days and they don't do anything for me.

I also remember my old man having to choose between a VL or VN as a kid and I thought the VN was miles better. He bought the VN so I have always had a soft spot for them. At the time the VN was a modern looking machine. The VP wasn't much of an improvement in my opinion. The clear grill was not a good look.

The VB-VK shape is a classic. My family owned a VC SL/E and it was a top car.

The VR/VS shape is probably the best looking of the older commodores. The narrow headlights, small nostrils and lower nose made it look like a pretty sleek machine. The rear of the car was also a major improvement over the VN/VP. Owned a VR Calais and it was a gem of a car.

The VZ is my favourite of all of them though. The tougher looking nose makes it a bit more appealing than the VY. The sharp edges of the boot line with the integrated tail lights is probably one of the best looking parts of the VZ (and the VY for that matter). I may be a bit biased since I now own a VZ Calais, but I prefer the shape and size of the VZ over the VE.

The VE is a nice looking car but probably just a bit too big. If it was the same shape but a bit smaller like the VZ, it would be a bit more appealing.

I don't think there are any real ugly commodores. I can think of ugly Falcons, Camrys and Magnas but the Commodore has always been a lot better looking than their equivalent rival.

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
I wanted to vote VP but not VN, the bumpers on the VP are horrible

Dazz

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
and no **** is there even 43,000+ ppl on this forum? i smell bullshit
Haha, clearly one of the mods/admin doesn't like VLs.

Personally I think the VE is the ugliest. Looks like a VY/VZ that has been eating too much KFC.

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
I dont mind any commodore, but if i had to choose it would be VN or VP, i still like those cars, but out of the rest, they are the ugliest lol.

excalibur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
never really been a fan of the VT always thought they were a bit ugly