Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The most "ugliest" Commodore ever made

Ugliest Commodore made?

• VB-VK

Votes: 106 19.4%
  • VL

Votes: 89 16.3%
  • VN/VP

Votes: 173 31.7%
  • VR/VS

Votes: 30 5.5%
  • VT/VX

Votes: 44 8.1%
  • VY

Votes: 12 2.2%
  • VZ

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • VE

Votes: 86 15.8%

• Total voters

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
I am no fan of Ford by any length, but what Ford did with the BA/BF considering it is based on the butt ugly AU is amazing. The FG is also a nice looking car, especially the G6. My main criticism of the FG is that from the front it looks too much like the Mondeo. It also looks to similar to the BF. I'd still take a VE SSV over an FG but I would get the sportwagon.

That being said, Ford don't have a crap car in their current lineup.

I don't think they got the fg utes right. The rear wheel arches are absolutely massive with skinny rear wheels in them. They look like they need 275's at least at the back.

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Yep you are not wrong. They do look a bit retarded. I don't like their split down the centre either. I know they are aimed at tradies with their leaf suspension and everything , but I see way more VZ and VE utes out there than BF or FG utes. Seems like most people buy utes these days as a more practical substitute for a two door sports car. The Holdens look way better with their one piece side panels.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
Yep you are not wrong. They do look a bit retarded. I don't like their split down the centre either. I know they are aimed at tradies with their leaf suspension and everything , but I see way more VZ and VE utes out there than BF or FG utes. Seems like most people buy utes these days as a more practical substitute for a two door sports car. The Holdens look way better with their one piece side panels.

I agree with you there about the vz and ve utes looking better as the 1 piece side (provided they are lowered otherwise they look like poo) but the vy and vz's with the tray look out of place if you know what i mean because they dont have the split in them

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
BA and BF Falcons are a fine looking thing, Probably better looking than any Commodore (except VN execs with black bumpers and VH SLEs but those two are freaky good looking). I don't like the FG as much however I saw a few turbo Limos in Melbourne the other day and they are quite fancy :D, very good

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
BA and BF Falcons are a fine looking thing, Probably better looking than any Commodore (except VN execs with black bumpers and VH SLEs but those two are freaky good looking). I don't like the FG as much however I saw a few turbo Limos in Melbourne the other day and they are quite fancy :D, very good

And the bonnet buldges look sexy when your sitting behind it :yeah:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I think the bulge looks stupid, at least from side on :)

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
ha ha yea they are nothing special from next to it but sitting behind the bulge it just feels old school

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
meh, not a huge fan of the VT look, the ass end looks too large, plus... why the red plastic center bit?

i would drive one tho haha

GlipVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
VL's have horrid fronts imo

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline