Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

T56 conversion, check engine, no start

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
prob need clutch switch also as it wont start with out the clutch pushed in for safety in manuals

I hate that

Back in the day you could drive a manual even with a broken clutch cable but you had to be able to start the car in gear. Can't even do that now :(

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Fairly sure vy doesn't need that...having owned two factory vy m6 ls1 cars don't think I've ever put clutch in.

Only things can think of if there is manual plug for reverse lights & bridge inhibutor wires,if ecu/bcm/key are coded or just get vats disabled...other thing remember is dudes saying manual & auto dash something different but never did manual conversion tbh.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
I hate that

Back in the day you could drive a manual even with a broken clutch cable but you had to be able to start the car in gear. Can't even do that now :(
u can disable the clutch in the tune so it will start without needing to be pressed in, ive done that in mine as sometimes when doing work on engine i dont want to have to get in the car to start it, just thru the window is much better

Fairly sure vy doesn't need that...having owned two factory vy m6 ls1 cars don't think I've ever put clutch in.

Only things can think of if there is manual plug for reverse lights & bridge inhibutor wires,if ecu/bcm/key are coded or just get vats disabled...other thing remember is dudes saying manual & auto dash something different but never did manual conversion tbh.
i thought the VZ may have had it as i know the VE does but it also has the auto start feature so maby its just in those so it dosnt run away

JaneFitz

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 Vy SS 5.7
Can someone please tell me what these wires are for.

Attachments

• received_546362033933996.jpeg
    received_546362033933996.jpeg
    219.8 KB · Views: 96