Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Strange Thing Happened Tonight

BLACKVZSV8

300 rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 M6
If you bought it new from a holden dealer you can take it to any holden dealer for servicing and warranty.

BLACKVZSV8

300 rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 M6
Oh and that brake pedal depressed safety thing can be removed ;) Mine was removed when I got the tune.

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Donewell said:
Another thing that happened about the 5th week I had the LEMON was that I was sitting at a red light, went green put my foot down on accelarator and NOTHING!!! Not a thing.. didn't even rev, move NOTHING!!! when i took foot off pedal it kicked in and took off - now that's weird...

Sounds like the ETC has done a dummy spit, spacattack brought it up earlier, and BlackSV8 is correct brand new car any dealership is bound to do any servicing and/or repairs. The certified warranty on a used car is where you need to get it serviced/fixed by the dealer you bought it off.

D

Donewell

Thanks guys!!! I just get told so many things these days I just don't know what to believe..

What is a ETC? *chick moment*

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Sorry Donewell :eek: . ETC is your Electronic Throttle Control, VZ done away with the cable throttle control and gone all electronic, maybe something has gone haywire failing to communicate with the cars computer. :) Also get them to check your accelerator pedal, the sensor that sits behind it.

D

Donewell

Thanks for the advice. Will be talking to another Holden Dealer about this soon. I was advised that I have to take it back to the Dealer I bought it from for services but any warranty job I can get any Holden Dealer to look into for me. I might even buy the extended warranty as that than allows me to use any Holden in Australia not just the one I bought it from

darksidewa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ
The vehicle is purchased new. (as you stated). You can take it to ANY holden dealer for warranty or service. Any dealer that says it must come back to them for servicing or warranty, is talking rubbish and in fact breaking the law (restrictive trade).

Holden as the manufacturer is the company responsible for the warranty not the dealer. As the product manufacturer's agent any dealer may on behalf of Holden repair your vehicle under warranty.

The terms of your warranty state, that it must be serviced by a holden dealer, using holden parts. It does not say, it must be serviced by a specific dealer, or taken back to the dealer from which it was purchased for warranty issues.

If you are not happy with the dealer you are currently with, go to another. You will be surprised how helpfull a competitor will be. After all they want your service work. So it is in their best interest to help you solve a problem that the original dealer can't solve or won't solve.

;)

Never Give Up - Never Die

BLACKVZSV8

300 rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 M6
Even if you purchase it second hand with new car warranty remaining you can take it to any holden dealership.