Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Strange Thing Happened Tonight

Lemon

stig
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder 6.0 SS Ute M6
I was out having a bit of fun with the boys, giving the car a bit of a Rev. After doing so we pulled up and got out to have a chat so I left the car idling for about 5 mins, when we had finished I got back into the car and went to slowly take off when the car wouldn't Rev and stalled. I started the engine again and went to slowly take off and it happened again, wouldn't Rev and stalled. So I turned the car completly off pulled the key out waited a minute then started it again and it worked fine.

When I say it wouldn't Rev I mean it would take 2-3 sec for the car to slowly get from 900rpm to 2000rpm.

Has anybody had a similar experience and should I be concerned? It's booked in for it's first 3000km service this week so I will bring it up with the dealer then, and let you know what they say.

Last edited:

BLACKVZSV8

300 rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 M6
Definately not normal let the dealer know.

spacattack

THE ENFORCER!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VN
proberly the electronic accelerator sencor muckin up ( happened in the S crewman a mate of mine owns )

V

VZSV6

take off your negative battery terminal off for 10min then put it back on.

Kevhaze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 6sp Manual
dont do that take it to the dealer cause if u do that it will clear the codes and when the dealer checks the comp it will say its fine so its best to take it to the dealer

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Kevhaze said:
dont do that take it to the dealer cause if u do that it will clear the codes and when the dealer checks the comp it will say its fine so its best to take it to the dealer
What if it is something to do with the anti abuse mode? There goes your warranty.

VZGEN4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER
In the car manual there's something in there about reduced performance mode. Might be something in there for you.

M

Marty's_SV6

Just take it to the dealer and explain to them what happend except for the bit about reving the hell out of her. lol

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
the dealers cant do anything about you flogging the car. they can only void warrenty if you do burnouts or racing.
just take it to the dealer and they will fix it