Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Strange Thing Happened Tonight

Lemon

stig
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder 6.0 SS Ute M6
I never said I flogged it, just gave it a bit of a rev, nothing past 4000rpm.

I won't mention this to the dealer anyway just what the car did afterwards. :whistling

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
then i must be a big issue if it was only 4000rpm.

Last edited:
D

Donewell

I've just purchased a new SSZ ute and the same thing happened to mine about the 4th week I had it. It has been back to Holden dealer 8 times in 16 weeks... Not impressed!!! I've got an automatic and the LEMON stalled one afternoon when turning a corner. Was nearly killed as traffic was coming over a hill.... I didn't think auto's could stall like that?!! The service centre reckons it didn't stall as there was nothing on the computer... hmm!! Now I've told them about the lack of power, also about the backfiring and the crackling noises out of exhaust but they reckon they can't replicate the fault they found in it.. They have replaced the exhaust but the noise is still there and they told me to go on my merry way!! Don't think they appreciated me throwing the keys at them telling them to keep the heap of sh*t....

I don't know what to do!! The service centre looks at me as a 'dumb chick' but hell I've been around cars since I was born - should I keep going back to them???? :confused:

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Lemon, that's what warranty is for, I was going to suggest your TM (torque management) was in play after your stint, but you then said you didn't take it past 4000rpm, that suggests something else.

Donewell, try a different dealer if you can maybe more sympathetic to your woes, main point is keep on their backs! don't back down for a second! You paid 40k+ for a brand new car and this **** just isn't on! demand a new car, then see how quickly they want to fix it. ;)

D

Donewell

I was told that I had to take it too the same dealership to be looked at? They don't like me at the one I bought it from, think they were scared of a chick with attitude.. haha!! I'm going to try to contact Holden Australia and see what they can do... Thanks for the encouragement not to give up as I was about too.. :)

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
just on that note was your foot on brake pedal
if so it wont rev or do burnout
some safty thing cuts in and stops injector pulse
try it it sounds funny on vz

D

Donewell

just tried that and yes you are correct, the car just dies in the pants and shudders badly.. hmm!!! I think I might be calling the dealership again Monday morning to ask for it to be checked again.

Another thing that happened about the 5th week I had the LEMON was that I was sitting at a red light, went green put my foot down on accelarator and NOTHING!!! Not a thing.. didn't even rev, move NOTHING!!! when i took foot off pedal it kicked in and took off - now that's weird....

I'm starting to lose the plot thinking that I'm going crazy but I now have witnesses to these occurances so I now know I dont need to be taken to mental ward (just yet)...

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
bugga i think a sensor or somehting is out of wack
get them to test it their comps will pick up fault codes
aslo the brake thing is spose to be there they all do it

D

Donewell

Thanks - will be making a call 7:30am Monday morning - actually I might even pay them a visit instead!! :)

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
dont ask for things to be fixed. make sure all faulty parts are replaced with new ones and keep hassling them. contact holden head office or watever just dont back down