Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mylink loss of text messaging with iPhone

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Security on something which is stopping a 15yo system from properly connecting with it. :(
you would think a trillion dollar company could add a popup saying "this might not be secure do you wish to proceed" but apple treats their userbase like idiots and just force them to go with what they decide for them.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Do you think Apple were sending out multiple version of messaging for text messages? My Fitbit Watch still works with a prompt for text messages. This is a pain without text in the cars now. It was awesome when I first got my VF in 2013 with this functionality. If you hold down the phone button, you can activate Apple siri to read your message and reply.

BIGVE-8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2 Calais Redline
I’m curious, I wonder if this problem exists for Chevrolet owners in the USA? MyLink is a global GM product, fitted to the entire range of GM products.
I wonder if this same issue with Apple messaging exists there?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I’m curious, I wonder if this problem exists for Chevrolet owners in the USA? MyLink is a global GM product, fitted to the entire range of GM products.
I wonder if this same issue with Apple messaging exists there?
I guess it won't work in Holden Cruze and also the Holden Cascada as they had the same Mylink version installed. the laser version of Mylink in Colorado, ZB Commodore, Astra, Equinox and Acadia all had Apple Car Play.

Maybe Apple stopped the text messaging when a device is connected Blue Tooth which was a vehicle because of the driver distraction while driving the vehicle. My watch still gets the message while driving.