Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mylink loss of text messaging with iPhone

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Oops!

I’m using an older phone that doesn’t accept iOS 16 (iPhone 7). There was series of two updates pretty close together which indicates to me that they broke something with one update then issued another update to provide a fix. I’m now running iOS 15.7.6 and the text messages are now working once again. I didn’t take note, but I suspect that iOS 16.7.5 has the broken text message functionality?

I would expect another update to 16.x.x if the text messages aren’t working.

Bagman50

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais VF Series 2
Oops!

I’m using an older phone that doesn’t accept iOS 16 (iPhone 7). There was series of two updates pretty close together which indicates to me that they broke something with one update then issued another update to provide a fix. I’m now running iOS 15.7.6 and the text messages are now working once again. I didn’t take note, but I suspect that iOS 16.7.5 has the broken text message functionality?

I would expect another update to 16.x.x if the text messages aren’t working.
I’m having the same issues with my iPhone 14 and iOS 16.5.1
Previous software updates did not have this current problem.
I tested a different iPhone with same iOS and it didn’t connect either.
Sounds like the current iOS is not compatible with MyLink.
My local Holden Service Centre reckon there is no update available for MyLink so I’ve contacted Holden Customer Care to confirm if that is correct.
Apple support offered some suggestions to get around the issue but none worked.
I’m going to report iOS 16.5.1 as having issues with MyLink, particularly as previous versions worked fine.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I don’t use this function often at all, particularly since the better-half started avoiding OS travel for work so I’ve not been on Airport Pickup Duty … but I did try it a few weeks after reported by the OP and doing an OS upgrade on the ‘phone at about the same time, and reading out the SMS is definitely not happening any more (nor responding with one of those pre-programmed responses).

16Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Hey there ! Anyone got any new updates on the text messaging issue? Just bought back my 2016 Redline which I sold 5yrs ago… Message icon is missing from MyLink screen… Was a brilliant feature when I bought it new - would love to have it back now… I’m running iOS 16.7 on my phone….

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I’ve not spent a heap of time on it, but encountered the same problem not super long after the OP.
Quick search around ‘phone settings didn’t turn up anything helpful.

Thehick

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SV6 Black
I’ve not spent a heap of time on it, but encountered the same problem not super long after the OP.
Quick search around ‘phone settings didn’t turn up anything helpful.
I have spent a lot of time on it and it is an IOS 16 problem. 16.7 still has not fixed it.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Does IOS 17 fix this?

Bagman50

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais VF Series 2
Does IOS 17 fix this?
Unfortunately any version of IOS 17 makes no difference. Clearly Apple have made changes in messaging since IOS 16 that have “broken” the ability to receive SMS via MyLink.
Not the end of the world, more bloody annoying!

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Unfortunately any version of IOS 17 makes no difference. Clearly Apple have made changes in messaging since IOS 16 that have “broken” the ability to receive SMS via MyLink.
Not the end of the world, more bloody annoying!
innovation ;)