Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mylink loss of text messaging with iPhone

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The last update of the iPhone has caused the text messages feature to stop working this week. I have deleted the and reinstalled the iphone including allowing show notifications but no luck with with text messages. Has anyone else has this issue with text messages not showing up on mylink? Both of my cars are not working now.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
The last update of the iPhone has caused the text messages feature to stop working this week. I have deleted the and reinstalled the iphone including allowing show notifications but no luck with with text messages. Has anyone else has this issue with text messages not showing up on mylink? Both of my cars are not working now.

I noticed something was missing on the phone options today. The list of (five?) options wasn’t fully populated with one option being blank. I did wonder what was missing. However I was more focused on the phone call that dropped out several times (but it was due to an issue with the other end) than trying to figure out what phone option was missing!

Actually, I suspect it was the text messages as I noticed that I received a text message on my phone that the MyLink didn’t report.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
There was a setting in the iPhone which caused this same problem to happen to me maybe 5 years ago … I can’t recall what the setting was, it related to allowing external widgets to send/receive messages through your ‘phone. But an update had either disabled that feature or rejigged the security so that a slightly-different setup was needed.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
I noticed something was missing on the phone options today. The list of (five?) options wasn’t fully populated with one option being blank. I did wonder what was missing. However I was more focused on the phone call that dropped out several times (but it was due to an issue with the other end) than trying to figure out what phone option was missing!

Actually, I suspect it was the text messages as I noticed that I received a text message on my phone that the MyLink didn’t report.
The text messages option has gone that was the fith option within the phone button. Sometime has changed with the update which is annoying.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
looking at the may patch notes for ios they have done work on the messaging system so that could have broken functionality of legacy devices.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
thanks for headups, I wont update my iPhoen then.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
Text messages are back! Maybe it was the latest mini update that fix it?

Last edited:

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep, the text messages seems to disappear with a major update a few weeks ago, be there was small another patch/update released in the past week that seems to fix it.

I can confirm I can see the text message option in the MyLink, and I received an alert on the MyLink screen when a message came in. So, it seems back to normal.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep, the text messages seems to disappear with a major update a few weeks ago, be there was small another patch/update released in the past week that seems to fix it.

I can confirm I can see the text message option in the MyLink, and I received an alert on the MyLink screen when a message came in. So, it seems back to normal.
Mine isn't. I ran the update today for IOS 16.5