Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

It's Motorsport Baby!

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
Love it mate..looks like a blast. It's making think about taking utey..my v6 daily to a track for a fat around
Do it!

Don’t need a million hp to scare yourself. :)

VF2R

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 Ute/ 2016 VF2 SS-V Redline
Do it!

Don’t need a million hp to scare yourself. :)
Yeah I'll definitely see what events are on... the ute goes bloody well on the twistys around here (lfx/6 spd manual)..it'd be a hoot on a track...maybe even more fun than the Redline ( shhhh...don't tell anyone I said that )... I wouldn't be as precious about it as I would the '16 ( not sure I'd trust any of my mates with my baby lol )

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
Well it's all in and sorted. Cue the montage of the final bits and pieces..

Doesn't even look too anti-social from the outside, Woo Hoo.

IMG_1131.jpg

All that's left, still the wheel alignment and to change the tyrannosaurus fluids.

Reactions: Lex

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
Well but one week to go, booked for an alignment in the morning, took the weekend to test fit everything again, and it’s going to be ok.

Glad I splurged for a proper harness, is nice, has a nice little ejecto release which is better then the single buckle one I had been using in another car. And the wider straps are much more comfortable.

So to make this thing ready it needed;

1) tow hooks (easy, knock out the fog light cover at the front and the trailer hitch at the rear, mounting points easily enough)

2) 4 point harness (reuse the original point in the right, I rigged a point on the frame for the left hand side like the factory does. And for the rear I just made a simple bar between the rear arches or you could attach to the rear parcel shelf)

3) An extinguisher (I made a bracket from aluminium flat bar which fits under the front seat rail points, easy)

I mean that’s it. Now I get to lap around Philip Island on the weekend.

Sick.

A4735ABF-7C99-4900-AC9C-17B406601270.jpeg
5E04C395-8A7F-4346-83D1-1DA2633B5103.jpeg

I’ll drive down there with my stock seat, then just swap it over, attach the harness and go fang.

And would you just look at that nugget.

1DE7C830-8DC8-418C-A22F-D3ED7E09E994.jpeg

Faster then a Kia van? We’ll see.

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
Well back from a wheel alignment, she's on Monroe's, SuperLows and a Nothalane kit.

Dam well managed a bit over 2 degrees front and rear and with 10 degree of caster. Sounds good!

So looking forward to driving Philip Island, and it doesn't even look like it's going to rain. Amazing.

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
We’ll packed and ready for the island. I actually have more cloths then tools. This is good.

And how good are sedans, seat in the back, everything else in the boot, so civilised.

E55CE6C0-5C91-4A18-ADA9-8D5FC5670454.jpeg
D7C77D91-2A5E-40B5-9568-FFA5EE5408E3.jpeg

We will be in garage 32, come say hi :)

B39607F6-1F39-4C8B-B184-71686ECA8394.jpeg

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Good luck and keep it on the black stuff.

Reactions: Lex

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Take out as much weight as you can, passenger seat, spare wheel, jack etc when going out on track.

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
that’s the plan.

Will toss all that in a pile in the garage, hopefully won’t look to much like a wreckers..

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
So this Philip Island is ok.

What a beautiful track. Condition is amazing and the layout, Heck you are nearing 190km/h in the ecotech on the entry to 1 and then you get to to chuck it in and wash off everything as you work out where to go for turns 2 and 3. Turn 4 is great, ther is a heap of run off so you can be brave here and brake later then you think you should.

This place is just great.

You need to have a go driving this circuit. it's that good.

The off camber climb into 9 before the sharp right at 10, so ******* cool. Everything gets light and you can't break until it all settles, just fun stuff.

Right hand front is getting flogged, it was 8psi above the left had side after the first sesion. I set everything to 30psi hot and it felt much better for the seccond session.

But yeah amazing place. Come drive it :)

Couple of other dunnydoors here halfing a lalf..

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

That Pink VX is cool :p And there is a Sick VL 5L and a VP Saloon car (buick) that i didnt get photos of, will spend more time with the camera tomorrow me things.

OH! Managed a 2.08. Think i know which way the circuit goes now.. Happy with the pos Vy. :)

Last edited: