Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How To Sell A 1997 Commodore

HDTone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodores
Yes haven't ever had a problem selling a Harley over the last 25 years.

BUT last car I sold a Mazda 8 years ago. Bloke came at night said he didn't like. K, no dramas then says he'll take it and pays. Off he goes. This was a Fri night. On Mon he fronts up with the car, I'm at work but talks to the Mrs. Says he hates it wants a refund. Mrs says theres no Kmart sign here plus who knows what you've been doing with it over 2 days.

he left and never heard from him again.....bizarre

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I advertise that this agreement is required for test drives >

AGREEMENT BY A LICENSED DRIVER WHO IS TESTING A VEHICLE

I acknowledge that by asking for, and participating in a test drive, I am responsible for...

1) all damage to the test vehicle if I am "at fault" or cannot identify nor have details of the person "at fault"

2) damage that is caused by the vehicle in my control

3) theft or loss of the vehicle

4) all fines, regardless of when issued by the relevant authority during the test drive according to the times and date below

Start Time & Date.....................................................................................................................................................................

Finish Time & Date...................................................................................................................................................................

Furthermore, I state that in such an event, I will pay for the costs of repairs to the vehicle &/or property collided with, subject to the lesser of 2 agreed quotes including...

a) actual cost of repair

b) any towing fees

c) any excesses

d) any fines

e) cost of replacement vehicle of similar condition if required

In the case of a catastrophic incident where the cost to repair, is greater than the asking price of the vehicle, I am willing to pay that purchase price within 14 days.

Identification:-

Licence Number............................................................... (and I consent to imagery taken of the licence which will be deleted after an incident-free test drive).

Name.................................................................................................................................

Signature .......................................................................................................................... Date......../........../..........

Owner................................................................................................................................

Signature .......................................................................................................................... Date......./.........../..........

Vehicle VIN......................................................................................................................... Registration Number ........................................

Some poeople have complained about the paperwork, but I couldn't care less, they either sign it on and off for a test drive, which I will go with them, or pay me want I want after I take them for a drive

The above typically cuts away all the tyre kickers and deadshits who turn up with their mates to thrash or steal cars for fun with no real intention of purchasing them

I actually had to stop a guy test driving once because he had no idea of how the drive a manual transmission, I signed him off, grabbed the keys and drove home, funnily enough he still purchased the car

HDTone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodores
@ Ginger Beer

I'm guessing that form soon sorts them. If you're keen you'd be filling it I guess, if you're a dud you maybe couldn't fill it.

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
Yes haven't ever had a problem selling a Harley over the last 25 years.

BUT last car I sold a Mazda 8 years ago. Bloke came at night said he didn't like. K, no dramas then says he'll take it and pays. Off he goes. This was a Fri night. On Mon he fronts up with the car, I'm at work but talks to the Mrs. Says he hates it wants a refund. Mrs says theres no Kmart sign here plus who knows what you've been doing with it over 2 days.

he left and never heard from him again.....bizarre
You were lucky there mate, my mrs probably would have given him his money back. LOL.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There’s got be some haggling. You can’t not have a haggle.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Last car I looked at, the owner of it had a rediculas price on it....

I was just the eyes to look at the car and report what I noticed.

The owner of the car messaged me, saying no test drives, because the car is unregistered..... Fair call me thinks.

I arrive at the address given to me, via text message, which turns out to be a cemetary.....

I texted the car owner and 5 minutes later, here comes the car straight past a speed camera....So much for it being unregistered. :rolleyes:

The excuse then given for no test drive is, there is a speed camera there....

Total tosser that one.

Last car I sold.....Got plenty of messages offering varying prices....My reply....Come look at it before making offers and stop wasting my time

The first person that actually looked at the car, made me an offer.....After 5 minutes of negioating we agreed on a mutual price, we were both happy with....

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Selling it sounds too hard. Just keep it forever, save your time dealing with time wasters.
I think the last time I sold a vehicle to (or purchased from) a random from the public was early 2018, and before that was 2008. Neither were bad/tricky sales. But, you know, it's just easier to keep things forever........

HDTone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodores
Selling it sounds too hard. Just keep it forever, save your time dealing with time wasters.
I think the last time I sold a vehicle to (or purchased from) a random from the public was early 2018, and before that was 2008. Neither were bad/tricky sales. But, you know, it's just easier to keep things forever........
Got asked this morning if it's a solid axle ?
Like htf do I know ?

So yeah its hard because folk ask some questions like another bloke asked whats the volume of the boot......seriously come over with a tape and do the maths.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Got asked this morning if it's a solid axle ?
Like htf do I know ?

So yeah its hard because folk ask some questions like another bloke asked whats the volume of the boot......seriously come over with a tape and do the maths.
Have you tried looking under the back of the car? The VS came with 2 different rear suspension options and some people are particular about what they want.

The other thing? I'd suggest google.