Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buying unregistered interstate, am I missing anything?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Pretty much, but if the price point is good, i'll consider it.
For comparison, some VFs aren't far off what they're asking
Don't know why they're so adamant on the pricing considering the points mentioned.
Anyway, they rang me back this arvo but pretty much stated they cant come to the table.
I'll let them sweat a bit and see their reaction over the weekend/Monday, see if they want to meet targets and play ball.
They probably paid to much for it?
Your offer is less than they paid for it?

mrk240

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda 6 Wagon 2.5T, MT-10SP, DRZ-400E Sumo,
They probably paid to much for it?
Your offer is less than they paid for it?
Wonder how much its cost them to hold out this long?
Dead stock musnt be good for the bottom line.
Carsales was showing 9 price changes and they bumped the price $1.5k after I dropped a deposit on it.
Anyway, wait for Monday to see what they'll do.

Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
You have paid a deposit ? ................... Depending on the terms of the deposit, and the amount, they now have you by the short and curlies, or perhaps a handful of nuts..
I think they are waiting until Monday to see what you will do.
If you say "No", you have probably blown your deposit............ Don't ask me how I know.

mrk240

Reaction score
Members Ride
You have paid a deposit ? ................... Depending on the terms of the deposit, and the amount, they now have you by the short and curlies, or perhaps a handful of nuts..
I think they are waiting until Monday to see what you will do.
If you say "No", you have probably blown your deposit............ Don't ask me how I know.
'Pending Mechanical Inspection'
Charge back is always an option as the payment was made prior to the contract being sent.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Hate to say it but “pending mechanical inspection“ doesn’t mean much or provide much protection to the buyer. You really need to add that the “inspection findings must be to your satisfaction” and “you are the one and only arbiter of what is satisfactory to you” with “full refund of deposit if you decline purchase based on inspection findings”.

With modern cars like the VF commodore, they have great panel alignment and gaps and when repaired well also retain such quality. So the issue for me is whether it’s been repaired poorly and what that means for the vehicles longevity… and getting it cheaper wont change that for me… Basically I’d give it a wide berth.

YMMV

Good luck whatever you choose to do.

mrk240

Reaction score
Members Ride
Its been a couple of weeks but I didn't go ahead with it, dealer wouldn't budge on the price despite the issues brought up.

And they refunded the deposit :cool:

Ended up buy a relatively tidy SSV instead, not the Redline/Z series I was initially considering.

Brake upgrade can be done down the line.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Its been a couple of weeks but I didn't go ahead with it, dealer wouldn't budge on the price despite the issues brought up.

And they refunded the deposit :cool:

Ended up buy a relatively tidy SSV instead, not the Redline/Z series I was initially considering.

Brake upgrade can be done down the line.
Pics !

Reactions: Lex