Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buying unregistered interstate, am I missing anything?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
If there is an issue registering it in the ACT under your name, why not jump on a bus/train/plane and inspect the car for yourself...From there, head to the rego office, hand over some cash for an unregistered vehicle permit and drive it home....

Pretty sure you should be able to get an unregistered permit to do that, but to double check, pick up the phone and ring them.... :)

mrk240

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda 6 Wagon 2.5T, MT-10SP, DRZ-400E Sumo,
I bought an unregistered vehicle from Victoria.

Pretty much your list, only I’m still getting through it.

No matter how, it still has to be registered in your state, by you, and inspected by your states dept of transport representative.

Make sure you check there’s no money owed and check that it is it a written off vehicle. You can pay to check against damage claims on it as well.
How long ago did you buy?
Coincidentally, I also bought a VY2 Calais from the ACT many moons ago but the guy was up here on a business so I didn't need to worry about transport.
Just needed a bluey and sort the rego out, went smoothly from memory.
Don't know how this could be anything worse unless these some bullshitery going on.

mrk240

Reaction score
Members Ride
If there is an issue registering it in the ACT under your name, why not jump on a bus/train/plane and inspect the car for yourself...From there, head to the rego office, hand over some cash for an unregistered vehicle permit and drive it home....

Pretty sure you should be able to get an unregistered permit to do that, but to double check, pick up the phone and ring them.... :)
Forgot to mention I'm in NSW.
Other than that, just time, it would be like 7-8 hrs round trip with public transport and I could be doing better things.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Forgot to mention I'm in NSW.
Other than that, just time, it would be like 7-8 hrs round trip with public transport and I could be doing better things.

Your choice....Thought I'd throw it out there anyway...

Best of luck with it all

mrk240

Reaction score
Members Ride
Your choice....Thought I'd throw it out there anyway...

Best of luck with it all
Its definitely an option, if I can get the dealer to rego it, it should save on any potential head aches, so that would be a trade off for travel time.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Don't buy it unless it comes with NSW blueslip or had a full inspection/report.

If not willing to go look at it in person no point relying on pics or person's word.

I bought a nice looking vh sle from Canberra years ago....after looking at in person found several mechanical issues that you would not have noticed in pics or video clips & it had full nsw rego lol

mrk240

Reaction score
Members Ride
Alrighty, the dealer can either do a NSW blue slip or get it registered in NSW.

I'm leaning towards them do the whole shebang so its on them if theres issues related what should have been picked up in the bluey.
Don't buy it unless it comes with NSW blueslip or had a full inspection/report.

If not willing to go look at it in person no point relying on pics or person's word.

I bought a nice looking vh sle from Canberra years ago....after looking at in person found several mechanical issues that you would not have noticed in pics or video clips & it had full nsw rego lol
I'm relying on the PPI hopefully picking up any issues.
I'll double check with the mechanic which package to go with as they had 2 options but recommended the standard package for 'older' vehicles.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Is the car stolen?
Has the car got money owing on it?
Is the car a stat write off?
Is the car a repairable write off?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Have you got transport organised? I used Ceva.