Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why not to use cheap eBay parts.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I've had nothing but great Delphi experiences. On the SS and Bimmer. Delphi is one of the most faked brands around. Thank you fleabay
I had more failed Delphi parts sold through Repco and Burson than anywhere else.

The old Delphi as we knew it no longer exists, after the company collapsed a few years ago and became Chinese.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I honestly think that bus was cursed.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I had more failed Delphi parts sold through Repco and Burson than anywhere else.

The old Delphi as we knew it no longer exists, after the company collapsed a few years ago and became Chinese.
Delphi is American owned by BorgWarner. They manufacture out of a few locations including China, just like many of the brands I listed earlier. My NGK coils are made in China, that's OEM for my model. It's also where all the fakes come from and even big name retailers have been stung

Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I've had Delphi parts bought from Repco fail within a week. The Delphi TPS they sold me was faulty from the day it was installed. They replaced it and the new one failed a few months later. Repco sold me a Delphi OPS and it leaked a week or two after install. I showed the bloke and fitted the replacement in their carpark on my way home. The Delphi CAS I bought from Burson failed after 12 months. A Delphi DFI from eBay lasted a long time before a faulty coil took it out. After that new or SH they didn't last.

I have no idea who sells OEM Delphi anymore, because it sure ain't the common auto chains. It's the Delphi electronics that are the issue. Delphi lifters are still pretty good from what I've heard from the machine shop.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
While Delphi might be owned by Borg Warner they filed for bankruptcy in 2005. After that once the supply of OEM run out the quality on most of their gear went out the window.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I've had Delphi parts bought from Repco fail within a week. The Delphi TPS they sold me was faulty from the day it was installed. They replaced it and the new one failed a few months later. Repco sold me a Delphi OPS and it leaked a week or two after install. I showed the bloke and fitted the replacement in their carpark on my way home. The Delphi CAS I bought from Burson failed after 12 months. A Delphi DFI from eBay lasted a long time before a faulty coil took it out. After that new or SH they didn't last.

I have no idea who sells OEM Delphi anymore, because it sure ain't the common auto chains. It's the Delphi electronics that are the issue. Delphi lifters are still pretty good from what I've heard from the machine shop.

I'm not calling you a liar but I don't think your experience is typical.

We also can't rule out other issues with your old bus causing said failures.

Just look at your run of bad water pumps.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, that bus was cursed.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I just remembered the issue with VZ modules, particularly the 6L throttle pedals that are failing now, with no options other than the dwindling supply of SH units that are now over $500, for something when new could have been bought for around $120.
There is a solid work around now. No longer an issue. Can use V6 or VE pedals.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
There is a solid work around now. No longer an issue. Can use V6 or VE pedals.
Wow, do they fit straight on or do they need modifications? It was only a year or two ago I thought there was no option?