Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What does everyone think the future is for us holden lovers in this "electric" age NZ is in?

Craig T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2000 S2 Commodore Sedan
I live in Auckland City and they have already started applying the screws buy increasing the taxes on petrol. Will it eventually get that bad that we can no longer drive the cars we love today? Or will someone develop a "hybrid" conversion kit that can be fitted to older vehicles? interesting times indeed.

sixfootseven

Reaction score
Members Ride
White VZ SS & Black VE Calais
I'm in Hawkes Bay. We have a VE Calais getting good mileage that we hardly use, and a VX Executive with factory LPG that is my favourite not-V8 ive ever had. $1 a litre to run, so $50 to fill once the fuel light comes on. 350-400km around town and 700km open road driving like an absolute nana or 600km driving like i stole it.

Fossil fuel is dead. Long live fossil fuel.

uncle remus

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 3.8 executive vy
give i a black commodore mags with a electric motor that does 10sec i will drive it .imagine beating ford with that on the track.that v8'sound is a lot to give up .even v6' sound but if govt is going to give us 8k new 2k old it is worth a look .commodores with battery's who would have thought.

rucxy

Electrified Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SSV L98
Once we go all electric, the cost of power will skyrocket. Everybody turning their heatpumps on, charging their cars will tax the electricity supply to the point we will need more generation.
New taxes required because electric cars don't need to pay fuel excise tax and the taxes on that tax and our roads need constant maintenance.
So in the end it is only power companies and government that will win because everybody will have to pay.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I will not ever be convinced the electric car is the answer , long live the big block
71a29d51550501cb648a3c090851dc05--dodge-wagon-stationwagon.jpg

Last edited:

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
denis.jpg
I’m in Timaru. If they keep taxing, I’ll keep paying. They aren’t gonna stop me from driving a car I love.

amen - I will run both on 98PULP , eat my steaks rare , eat any red meat , use a wood burning fire at to heat my home.
why? as mentioned electric vehicles are not the answer ., and see above image

Last edited:

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I would consider a full electric motorbike for commuting (would try before buying). But no way I'm ever gonna stop driving my stroker V8 on weekends just for grins.
P.s, solar on the house means the bike can charge for free on fine weekend days.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
give i a black commodore mags with a electric motor that does 10sec i will drive it .imagine beating ford with that on the track.that v8'sound is a lot to give up .even v6' sound but if govt is going to give us 8k new 2k old it is worth a look .commodores with battery's who would have thought.

They actually built an electric VB Commodore...(might be slightly later, as in VC or VH)....They have it on display in a motor museum in South Australia.......

uncle remus

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 3.8 executive vy
Just a thought .staying with hard as electric black commodore.#yeah .in 1903 they had electric cars that could actually last 100kms before recharging.. then ford made the model T and then england discovered cheap oil in Arabia.so i blame ford and the English. Put new ss old school mags on my straight as commodore today went for a cruise .happy as.still drive my Xtrail to work though.