Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do in the shed or garage today

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Nothing like Ren & Stimpy, more suited to little kids (and grandparents), but it is fun to watch!

We must have different prudes here in Aus.
On FTA 96, we get to see Kindig Customs, the rest of the world know it as 'Bitchin' Rides'...

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’m still trying to make time to finish off my new garage set up.

I have grossly underestimated the degree that we evolve our garages and sheds as we build our equipment up. Everything fits quite well. The little spaces you used for the thing. How that box you found slots into the spot just right. How now nothing is quite the same.

So I have much work to do.

After much looking and staring while I think. I’m no longer going to fight it. I’m looking at it from the other perspective. What do I want to be looking at? How do I want the layout to be. Focusing on that and maybe having a few jobs on the go for a while that don’t fit somewhere. It all will with time.

I’ve had to reintroduce a bit of old wall shelving. I know how I want that to be but funds won’t allow it. I have a goal though. I know how to solve it.

Lighting has to be revisited. I’ve got a cool chance to do something better. Not sure how I’ll do it. It will come to me.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
What did I do in the garage today… cut and polished the coloured marks off my fender after some idiot lightly ran into it in the local shopping centre car park (and then left without leaving their info)…

Luckily the marks came off but I still need to pull the fender forward to bring it back into line :mad:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Washed the Sprint today. I was thinking about waxing it then I thought I'd like to get a few chips and scratches sorted first. Might have to price up a 250ml pot of green 2k and touch up the chips and then possibly get one panel repainted. Not sure if I will tackle it myself or pay. I'd like to have a go at it myself. Doing it myself I will probably need a pot of base too to do the panel repaint.

Noticed some sticky stuff from wheel weights removed and not cleaned off. I will need to get some metho as I've run out and clean it off in the next few days.

With the scratches I'd like to try and fill them them buff them. I believe this can be done with a decent result.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Went down and stared at my T5 for a while and measure the size of the output yoke (38mm).

Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just ordered some shed stock from Autobarn while they have 20% off. Ordered pinstripe for the boat, 1L of multi thinners and 4L of Penrite full syn PAO ester oil. Tried to get the thinners in a 4L but no stock anywhere in the North of the state at AB. 1L will get me through for now. I've not used the Concept multi thinners before so I'm just hoping they suit all the products I want it for.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

Noticed some sticky stuff from wheel weights removed and not cleaned off. I will need to get some metho as I've run out and clean it off in the next few days.
Fuel removes it without effecting the paint

Used to be the old way it was done in the tyre trade, before fuel became expensive and OH&S rules came into play....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Fuel removes it without effecting the paint

Used to be the old way it was done in the tyre trade, before fuel became expensive and OH&S rules came into play....
Thanks I'll give that a go. I have some fuel in a can.