Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do in the shed or garage today

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
More cleaning up....did not sell off as much junk as I wanted still got some big things to go.

Can roll the cars in & out of garage now but 6x6 still feels small with 2 cars & all my tools & parts.
Know the feeling. It’s like working in a Smurf village.

Reactions: Lex

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Can roll the cars in & out of garage now but 6x6 still feels small with 2 cars & all my tools & parts.
Friends are moving into a new house soon, and their stock garage is 6.6m x 6.6m ......... a sign of the times with bigger cars.
I thought that 6 x 12 would be big enough for a VT, a Barina, a HQ plus junk. Yeah ? :(.
20 years later . Nah :mad:

Last edited:

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Friends are moving into a new house soon, and their stock garage is 6.6m x 6.6m ......... a sign of the times with bigger cars.
I thought that 6 x 12 would be big enough for a VT, a Barina, a HQ plus junk. Yeah ? :(.
20 years later . Nah :mad:
The bigger the garage, the more sh#t you will find to fill it up with! hahahaha

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Wash your mouse out ............it is not 'sh#t"............. it is items that I have kept for years that could be invaluably useful Wunday :rolleyes: and cannot be binned for heritage reasons.
I've got lots of stuff nearly like that?
But have to move soon, so don't want to go to the expense of moving said sh#t to the other place when l eventually find it! hahahaha

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
About to make a rack for just fixings storage. It’s going to cover some of the door, but its functionality will outweigh any minor access. It’s a roller door, still heaps of room. Will have to make it weather proof incase I leave the door up when it rains. I just have to convince the minister for war and finance to agree to the purchase.

Also about to cut up some left over beams to make a small standalone rack for just drills, drill bits and fixings bits. I have two left over racking uprights that are just right. I e figured out how to cut them to custom sizes and still keep them very strong. These will only be 350 wide so won’t take anything heavy anyway.

It’s all coming together. Even found a way to use my old LED lighting I got on the cheap. It’s worked really well. I have a well lit work space again.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
One day I'll pull the trigger for the shed at the folks place to move all my belongings back there.
15m long.
10m wide.
Cars, tools, workshop and all the supplies inbetween.

Find an old workshop that's closing down or the sales from such and try get their old racking and storage systems. Often easier and cheaper if you can do such.

As for in the shed today.
Went to grab the bike. Found the tyre flat. Found it had a puncture, which involved replacing the tube.
Really small pinprick type of one which explains the really slow loss of pressure.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
New garage probably be 8x6 but really want 9x6 but think it will look too big for backyard & wreck the yard layout.

Off the side of garage will be carport/leanto/awning section that will be able to hide things in out of view.

Bigger the garage the more cars & crap we hoard...wont be able to do that if got hoists taking up excess space :)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Oil and filter changed on the Sprint. Spent some time online trying to find a filter at a better price than $23, no luck all were dearer than that. So looks like I will just buy them from the bike shop. Autobarn had the oil at the cheapest price. Bought Penrite, doesn't seem the most popular choice for bikes but it sounds like good gear and reviews were good.

Never thought I'd be lying on the ground again to change oil, since buying the hoist. I even had to go old school and cut open an oil bottle as my drain pan was too tall to fit underneath.

20240330_154108.jpg

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Never thought I'd be lying on the ground again to change oil, since buying the hoist. I even had to go old school and cut open an oil bottle as my drain pan was too tall to fit underneath.
Make a metal frame that you can place on the hoist lift arms while the frame sits on the ground. If designed well you can then ride your bike on it and strap the bike down to the frame… then lift the hoist and bobs your mothers brother.

You shouldn’t need large amounts of steel to build such a frame and by doing so you won’t have to be lying on concrete again :cool:

PS: heck you make even be able to get the metal base and framework that is used to ship new bikes around the globe for gratis from a bike shop (they usually just toss them)…Then modify it so you can use it on the hoist to lift your bike :cool: