Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Cat to buy VX 3.8L

Swiper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
The cats don’t really make any difference to the sound of the car. If you’ve already put a cat back on it that is about as much as you can do sound wise. If your going to spend money on the exhaust system you would be better off with extractors but you probably can’t do that on your Ps.

Yeah you can Im just looking into what extractors do I get cheap ebay ones or expnesive ones, whats more bang for my buck?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah you can Im just looking into what extractors do I get cheap ebay ones or expnesive ones, whats more bang for my buck?
Pacemakers are the only ones worth fitting IMHO.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L

Well generally speaking your going to get a better sound and performance from the more well known brands, you get what you pay for and all that. I don’t have any direct experience with extractors for the ecotec so I can’t really advise on what would be best.

Swiper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Well generally speaking your going to get a better sound and performance from the more well known brands, you get what you pay for and all that. I don’t have any direct experience with extractors for the ecotec so I can’t really advise on what would be best.

Reseraching around a lot of responses are headded towards the pacemaker ones, just needing to find a good price and hopefully can install this on my own

VYCommodore76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commy
i've installed pacemakers on an ecotec before. Did SFA to the sound and no noticable gains. you will need a welder to connect them to your current system or get an exhaust shop to do the final welds.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
you will need a welder to connect them to your current system or get an exhaust shop to do the final welds.
What changed? They bolt straight up to an early V6.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
cut and weld a flange to the y pipe