Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SS headlights fit the VZ Commodore wagon?

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
Yes, they are a 100% straight swap. Nothing else needed, no extra wiring.. nothing.

EDIT: I have swapped headlights, so I know this for a fact. Also take note that because of the design of the SS headlights when you put your high beams on the low beam will go out. This is normal, they all do it and it is nothing to worry about.

Why is this? just out of curiosity ?

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute

Dunno, theres a "hack" where you can get both to run a the same time. Im 99% sure thou that my headlights dont do this? Havent modified them apart from the HID kit and parkers

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I'm not too sure, but honestly it is stupid. SS/Calais lights work so much better when you have both beams on and generally when i am driving at night i do just that. It doesn't bother me that I have to do it, I got used to it when i had my VL and it had some stupid issue with the lights - the high beams would ONLY work if you held them on :confused:

sp32408

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon Tow Package
Yes, they are a 100% straight swap. Nothing else needed, no extra wiring.. nothing.

EDIT: I have swapped headlights, so I know this for a fact. Also take note that because of the design of the SS headlights when you put your high beams on the low beam will go out. This is normal, they all do it and it is nothing to worry about.
what about the parker light, ive looking hard into them and it looks like the exec headlights have no different bolb to the low beam and the ss/ calais headlights do have a different park bolb

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There is some not ideal info here.
They are a straight swap.
They plug in and work.
However! You need to modify the wiring at the dip switch for high beam.

On low spec, there is high/low and high that work on high beam.

On SS, Berlina, Calais it’s Low and High. So low goes out. The simple mod keeps low on when high beam is activated.

There are instructions and diagrams. Am I going to find them for you? No. Searching for things on the Internet is not hard. If someone doesn’t know how to use search features, image searches and key word placement to get what they need, there are lots of videos showing how to that on YouTube.

Parklights are no different.
Indicators are no different.
They go straight in.

sp32408

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon Tow Package
There is some not ideal info here.
They are a straight swap.
They plug in and work.
However! You need to modify the wiring at the dip switch for high beam.

On low spec, there is high/low and high that work on high beam.

On SS, Berlina, Calais it’s Low and High. So low goes out. The simple mod keeps low on when high beam is activated.

There are instructions and diagrams. Am I going to find them for you? No. Searching for things on the Internet is not hard. If someone doesn’t know how to use search features, image searches and key word placement to get what they need, there are lots of videos showing how to that on YouTube.

Parklights are no different.
Indicators are no different.
They go straight in.
allright thank you
ive just looked at a different set and they are the same (then thought what i wrote was a stupid question)
i have heard about that i haven't looked into it yet just because i don't have the ss headlights yet and the high beam wont be getting used that much

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.