Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SS headlights fit the VZ Commodore wagon?

heidii

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Wagon
Does the VZ SS headlights fit the VZ Commodore wagon? :unsure:

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
They do fit but im not sure if any wiring has to be changed or what not.

heidii

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Wagon
Thanks for your help. I have been getting different answers from everyone inc holden dealers. I decided to email Holden head office and tell them that none can give me a straight answer and if they would know and this is what they said:

"Please be advised that Holden does not recommend any modifications that are not approved by Holden Engineering for your particular vehicle, and as such, we cannot offer any advice in this regard. We suggest that you contact your nearest Holden Dealer to determine whether there is an approved aftermarket accessory that may suit your purpose."

pffft!

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Yes, they are a 100% straight swap. Nothing else needed, no extra wiring.. nothing.

EDIT: I have swapped headlights, so I know this for a fact. Also take note that because of the design of the SS headlights when you put your high beams on the low beam will go out. This is normal, they all do it and it is nothing to worry about.

heidii

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Wagon
Thank Bullittsv6 - I will do that :)

heidii

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Wagon
Thanks Troy711!
I'll give them a try then :)

heidii

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Wagon
Hey Troy

I have a question... I have been told that the SS headlights bolt onto the bar differently to the Executive lights which means i need to drill new holes. Is that right?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
No, they are the same. I can't see why they would have different mounting points considering the only difference between the front of a Calais and front of an Exec is the bumper. All the structural components are the same. The only difference between the headlights is the internal components, the casing is the same.