Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LittleLukeyLukifer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Vz Crewman
Hi everyone,

I have recently started adding a few bits and bobs to my 2007 Vz crewman, while looking for stuff I happened upon my mates Vz Adventra that he was wrecking. I like the top console and the flip down cup holders from the Adventra model and was wondering if it’s possible to do a swap over into the Crewman? I’ve had a bit of a look over it so far and noticed to put the face on to get the cup holders and top console in that I’ll need to put the Adventra face on that has electronic aircon controls. The wiring has a different plug on the back for the electronic climate control than the 3 dial controls. Is it possible to swap the wiring loom out to fit it into the Crewman?

Cheers in advance for any help.
- Luke

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Above is correct.
You are unlikely to find those in wreckers, so buying the ones in the links is the way to go.

Or...

I will also add that to swap to all the electronic stuff (climate control) you need a different hvac set up.

You need one from a wrecker. I’d suggest a new evaporator, heater core and txv fitted to it because you won’t want to do this job again.

Have the AC degassed.

Then dash pad out. Then the dash support assembly. Then remove the HVAC.

Then the high end wiring harnesses for the climate control.

There are additional electrics to change over. Fuses are different too.

I can go on. You won’t have much change from $2000 and 3months of your life you won’t get back.

So spend the money on these trims and have it done in 30 minutes and prepare to be underwhelmed by the cup holders.

I’m a big fan of the Crewman. I have two. There are plenty of photos of what I’ve done in my Cross 8 thread and older ones of my V6 base model.

In the V6, I’ve insulated the interior of the base model. Macro-suede roof. Suede upper trims. All black interior now. Black trims. Chrome door lock clips, modified the wiring for a sunnies holder. Deleted the roof light, added rear lights in the side trims. Added Calais sun visors. Added CarPlay headunit.

LittleLukeyLukifer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Vz Crewman
Above is correct.
You are unlikely to find those in wreckers, so buying the ones in the links is the way to go.

Or...

I will also add that to swap to all the electronic stuff (climate control) you need a different hvac set up.

You need one from a wrecker. I’d suggest a new evaporator, heater core and txv fitted to it because you won’t want to do this job again.

Have the AC degassed.

I can go on. You won’t have much change from $2000 and 3months of your life you won’t get back.

So spend the money on these trims and have it done in 30 minutes and prepare to be underwhelmed by the cup holders.

I’m a big fan of the Crewman. I have two. There are plenty of photos of what I’ve done in my Cross 8 thread and older ones of my V6 base model.

In the V6, I’ve insulated the interior of the base model. Macro-suede roof. Suede upper trims. All black interior now. Black trims. Chrome door lock clips, modified the wiring for a sunnies holder. Deleted the roof light, added rear lights in the side trims. Added Calais sun visors. Added CarPlay headunit.
Awesome! Cheers for the advance!

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ

Too true. Pretty but useless, like most female TV 'celebrities', 5 minutes of novelty and then forget.
You want something a bit different ? My advice would be to buy a SAAS gauge pod, they fit easily to non-climate control dash, and a couple of gauges.
May not be that 'different', but at least cheaper and functional.

whiteknight66

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VZ Crewman
Above is correct.

Or...

Have the AC degassed.

Hey Fu...Sorry to Trouble. Have you mounted LED bars on either of your Crewies? If so ( using those Number Plate Mounts) did you self Tap them on or Drill all the way thru and use Bolts? Appreciated if ya can help. Cheers

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Hey Fu...Sorry to Trouble. Have you mounted LED bars on either of your Crewies? If so ( using those Number Plate Mounts) did you self Tap them on or Drill all the way thru and use Bolts? Appreciated if ya can help. Cheers
No. I’ve got a support bar and bumper I can get some pics of for you.