Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT SS Commodore seats

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Also are these Coulson a really comfortable seat I've only seen pictures they look great but be interested of how they really are and how they are for durability?
I've only sat in some for a short time at a car yard, but found that they were fairly similar feel to the stock VX SS seats, just with more side bolsters

In saying this the added bolsters are from foam and not frame work, so they do give a little getting in and out

For wear, it depends on the materials used, the higher seat base bolsters will typically wear on their edges from getting in and out, I would, at a minimum, have leather bolsters

Fast Eddie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS Commodore series 2
I've only sat in some for a short time at a car yard, but found that they were fairly similar feel to the stock VX SS seats, just with more side bolsters

In saying this the added bolsters are from foam and not frame work, so they do give a little getting in and out

For wear, it depends on the materials used, the higher seat base bolsters will typically wear on their edges from getting in and out, I would, at a minimum, have leather bolsters
Thanks for that, think I'll see how things go but awesome advice at least I've got a bit of a clearer idea cheers.

Reactions: Lex

blackvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SS ute, VZ SS crewman, VYSS, VX SS, VTSS
Hi I'm a new member and enjoying reading some of the posts and got some mechanical advise so very awesome site. I'm actually interested in hearing people's opinions here on seat choice a subject you've all got a opinion on. My getting older VT SS has some pretty awesome seats but there getting old the foam is crushed so getting less comfortable then new. Has anyone swapped there old Commodore seats for brand new modified seats? I'm thinking about it maybe SAAS or Richardo or maybe Crank GT3's has anyone tried these or found a seat to suit them in another brand? Be awesome to hear what people think cheers.
I recently got a VT SS normal stuffed drivers seat good passengers seat, Bought a set in similar condition used all the good foams from the passenger seat and made up a excellent drivers seat.

Cost $300 and several hours but really looks like new and so comfy,

blackvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SS ute, VZ SS crewman, VYSS, VX SS, VTSS
I recently got a VT SS normal stuffed drivers seat good passengers seat, Bought a set in similar condition used all the good foams from the passenger seat and made up a excellent drivers seat.

Cost $300 and several hours but really looks like new and so comfy,
i should add that its easy to covert a passenger to driver in VT as the seat backing covers the adjuster hole in the cloth

Reactions: Lex