Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT SS Commodore seats

Fast Eddie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS Commodore series 2
Hi I'm a new member and enjoying reading some of the posts and got some mechanical advise so very awesome site. I'm actually interested in hearing people's opinions here on seat choice a subject you've all got a opinion on. My getting older VT SS has some pretty awesome seats but there getting old the foam is crushed so getting less comfortable then new. Has anyone swapped there old Commodore seats for brand new modified seats? I'm thinking about it maybe SAAS or Richardo or maybe Crank GT3's has anyone tried these or found a seat to suit them in another brand? Be awesome to hear what people think cheers.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
My 2 cents

SAAS are cheap and uncomfortable after an hour, they wear quickly.

Crank are just knock offs like SAAS or, like > https://justjap.com/collections/bride-style and are not that cheap for what they, are and uncomfortable after an hour

I assume you mean Recaro, you can get quality recaro seats that are comfortable for a few thousand bucks....... a seat

I would just get yours rebuild by a auto trimmer, or find some good used seats

The VT-VX stock seats are actually quite comfortable, the only thing I did to my VX SS seats was get some good neoprene seat covers as the material on the bolsters were getting thin

Aftermarket seats tend to not have much adjustability and lumber support, which might be fine for a track car doing 30 minute stints, but for the street aftermarket "sports" seats suck balls

If your flush with cash, and your willing to drop good coin, then get your seats retrimmed Coulson style for a few thousand bucks

Or buy a complete interior, including all seats, door trims, steering wheel and gear knob for alot of money > https://autolux.com.au/shop/leather-upgrade/napa-leather/holden-hsv-coulson-leather-seats/

Disclaimer: over $8k for some retrimmed stock seats and trims for a VT is verging on insanity..........in saying that if money was no object then this interior would be in my VX SS, sans any HSV branding of course

Fast Eddie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS Commodore series 2
Awesome advice thanks I'll try going to a trimmer my mechanic advised of but he said the only thing was the foam couldn't be fixed but have been looking at replacement foam but not cheap compared to a whole seat. Suppose I'll have to let the trimmer check out how bad the seat is before seeing which direction to go only the new seats look comfortable and want to enjoy driving it rather then constantly having things fixed faster to replace but maybe not in this case. Thanks

Fast Eddie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS Commodore series 2
My 2 cents

Crank are just knock offs like SAAS or, like > https://justjap.com/collections/bride-style and are not that cheap for what they, are and uncomfortable after an hour

I assume you mean Recaro, you can get quality recaro seats that are comfortable for a few thousand bucks....... a seat

The VT-VX stock seats are actually quite comfortable, the only thing I did to my VX SS seats was get some good neoprene seat covers as the material on the bolsters were getting thin

Aftermarket seats tend to not have much adjustability and lumber support, which might be fine for a track car doing 30 minute stints, but for the street aftermarket "sports" seats suck balls

If your flush with cash, and your willing to drop good coin, then get your seats retrimmed Coulson style for a few thousand bucks

Or buy a complete interior, including all seats, door trims, steering wheel and gear knob for alot of money > https://autolux.com.au/shop/leather-upgrade/napa-leather/holden-hsv-coulson-leather-seats/

Disclaimer: over $8k for some retrimmed stock seats and trims for a VT is verging on insanity..........in saying that if money was no object then this interior would be in my VX SS, sans any HSV branding of course
Very nice link if only had the money thanks

Fast Eddie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS Commodore series 2
Very nice link if only had the money thanks

My 2 cents

Disclaimer: over $8k for some retrimmed stock seats and trims for a VT is verging on insanity..........in saying that if money was no object then this interior would be in my VX SS, sans any HSV branding of co

My 2 cents

These where the seats was thinking of getting bit cheaper then the $8k but thinking the ones in your link are definitely better quality the ones for $4k aren't to bad?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon

Fast Eddie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS Commodore series 2
Might have found a brand new Coulson drivers seat can get SS stitching and any colour I want for about $1200 it's a bit but if there comfortable and good for some long range driving. Any thoughts on price seems reasonable for what they sell for?

Reactions: Lex

Fast Eddie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS Commodore series 2
Also are these Coulson a really comfortable seat I've only seen pictures they look great but be interested of how they really are and how they are for durability?