Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT S Manual - Clutch issue, need a solid answer!

Stefan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VT S Manual
Hey guys, new to the forum here.

So last night I got abit angry and started caning my VT S manual which I just bought about a week ago, the car is in my name and had a rwc done too. Let me start off by saying the clutch before this issue happened, the friction point was 2 inches in when you put your foot on the clutch which when I first got the car I thought was strange as most manual cars i've owned the friction point is somewhere in the middle not right up close to when you take your foot off the clutch.

Anyways, I gave it abit of a hard time for a few corners as I was furious with some personal matters, then I noticed that the friction point had changed to all the way at the bottom just before the floor which was strange, and it had lost all pressure through to the floor except for the last inch or so.

I just thought it had adjusted because of the thrashing I gave it, but then today I woke up when to start the car and put it in reverse and it wouldn't go into gear at all, no gears for a matter of fact. I then called a mate, and his brother in law stated to check the brake fluid, and the one next to it which I assume runs to the clutch. The one next to the main brake fluid is a smaller one that also says brake fluid. So I went supercheap bought DOT4 brake fluid as recommended by them. Put it in and started pumping the clutch, that's when I felt the pressure for the friction point coming back, and it allowed me to put it into all gears, but then I noticed that where I believe is the clutch master cylinder it's leaking onto the inside of the carpart mats below the pedals. and then I noticed on floor after topping up the brake fluid that there was a leak coming from the Master Cylinder. My friends brother in law had said that if it wasn't the fluid it'd be the master or slave cylinder.

What I want to know is, after this description, what is the most probable cause of my issue, how much it'll costed to get fixed including labour & whether or not it'll fix my friction point or if my clutch is gone hence why the friction point was originally so close to me.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Probably boiled the fluid or ran out of fluid. Bleed it properly and see how it goes.

Don't drive when you're angry.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
if you have brake fluid leaking on your foot the clutch master is probably leaking the joys of motoring the clutch being so high is most likely because its all most rooted if its not slipping get used to where the pedal is if your poor like me keep topping it up till the brake fluid starts eating your boot check your manual if it should have dot 4 in it? No idea on any prices ring a parts shop or go see a mechanic for a quote.