Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V8 EFI in Opel Monza

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Get a spare ignition module as well.
Don't worry about a high volume oil pump. Stock replacement is fine.
Love this project.

Gse

Reaction score
Members Ride
Opel Monza
I all ready have a spare ignition module and dizzy cap and i brought a gates waterpump today with cast impeller so i keep that GMB one as spare as i dont like the cheap stamped impellor.

What brand of lifter can people advice me as i dont like cheap chinese lifter that wear out quick cause the quality is garbage.

Gse

Reaction score
Members Ride
Opel Monza
Right now since mid end januari in the middle of winter here in the Netherlands i use the 304 Monza as daily cause my other daily is broken and i am using it for like 3 months +- now as daily and a few small issues popped up..............Oil leak from dizzy.........Very minimal and dont leak on the ground but on the exhaust so it burns off.

Small fuel leak on cyl 1 or 2 (i alsways forget whats 1 or 2 but its on the aus drivers side) on the injector meaning i smelled fuel in the cabin but did not see any leaks and then i started the car and saw a drup of petrol dripping on the intake then i turned/twisted the injector a bit and the leak closed (meaning its o-ring time but wenn its doesnt leak its okay with me i leave it for now as it dont leak).

And i had a very very very minimal coolant leak like 0,5l per 3/4 weeks that i needed to top up but i could not find the leak as the engine/trannie where always dry underneath.

But i heard a sound from the heater core wenn i revved the engine a bit harder wenn warmed up it like its filling up the heater core so i found out the passenger side (ure driver side) had a wet floor and it was coolant and its a like several hours to replace the heater core as u need to take apart half the dash i decited to try some K-seal to fix small leaks in the cooling system and i though well the heater core is the issue so lets poor it in there and i did.................................lol my heating was gone (it was poor before).

So i flushed my system the same way as the cooland flows and it had marginal effect and then i saw vids that u need to flush the heater core the opposide way as the coolant flow and ow hell what a yunk and dirt came out after i put a garden hose on it it was like alot of brown fluid came out,and then wenn that was clean i added another of that K seal packages and so far the last 2 weeks my coolant stays 100% the same and the floor is dry and the weird noise from the heater core is gone,and now i love to temper the heater wenn its 10 degrees outside,its like 10x better now in terms of heat i get inside.

This 304 has only 1 muffle and its pretty loud its soo funny to see people look at U at a parking lots wenn u fire the v8 up as its so loud most people look and think what car is that,they dont reconise the car and sound,they are used to there 1.3-2.0l 3/4cyl small eco friendly **** box engine,i love this V8 in the car...

The engine idid over 300k in australia and was opent so probaly rebuild but it burns no oil at all and has no leaks and starts on all 8 and runs like a dream daily.

I love it.

Gse

Reaction score
Members Ride
Opel Monza
Who can sell me some part:

I took the car out of storage last week where it was like sitting for 5 months......It had 2 near flat tires and wenn i fired it up i had a big petrol smell from under the engine bay and i found the leak in no time it was a fuel injector leaking between rails and injector.
(I put a new battery in it and it fired up like it was never asleep)

So last weekend i started looking for the correct part number as Holden is not known here and i got me 16 new rubber o-rings that seal the injectors so i though easy peasy.

Today i took the efi injectors out witchs was a piss easy job as nothing was rusted or or but i found out the injector that was leaking (its the the first on the Australian drivers side) it has no clamp on it that clamps it to the rails and the yellow bottom thats around the bottom of the injector was broken.

Who has a few spare clamps and efi injectors with number Bosch 280 150 960 from a VR 304 165kw engine (fuel rails with pressusure regulator is also welcome) that wants to send them to the Netherlands,all cost are covert offcourse.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Who can sell me some part:

I took the car out of storage last week where it was like sitting for 5 months......It had 2 near flat tires and wenn i fired it up i had a big petrol smell from under the engine bay and i found the leak in no time it was a fuel injector leaking between rails and injector.
(I put a new battery in it and it fired up like it was never asleep)

So last weekend i started looking for the correct part number as Holden is not known here and i got me 16 new rubber o-rings that seal the injectors so i though easy peasy.

Today i took the efi injectors out witchs was a piss easy job as nothing was rusted or or but i found out the injector that was leaking (its the the first on the Australian drivers side) it has no clamp on it that clamps it to the rails and the yellow bottom thats around the bottom of the injector was broken.

Who has a few spare clamps and efi injectors with number Bosch 280 150 960 from a VR 304 165kw engine (fuel rails with pressusure regulator is also welcome) that wants to send them to the Netherlands,all cost are covert offcourse.
They are interchangeable with part 92 061-451 (Toyota) or 24501509 (GM)