Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk Wiring

3800VK

Sorry. I can't get to a scanner, but I think Garth has everything under control.
I have the same thing with mine as what chuck says. 2 off em melted to buggery.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
typical holden fault, they put a way to small wire size in for the safe and efficient opperation of the equipment. i mean, it's a 30a fuse and they go and put in a cable size that is only capable of having 25 put into it, what's the go there, no, the problem is cause the current is not high enough in a normal contition, and it's not a short circuit condition, it causes plastic to melt, and cause plastic has a lower melting point than the insulation on cable it melts that first, it's as simple as cutting the wire out of the fuse affected, and putting in a fusable link, of a bigger grade cable, with a fuse that's of a aplicable size. nothing to it, should only take some one about 20 min's if that

cheers
garth

3800VK

I hope this is useful.

Also have a look at the bottom of this page.

VK Faults

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
isnt amazing, it's usualy the most simple of things that could be the problem, i would be looking at the wiring just to make sure you have got the circuit in the pic, id personaly go the ct on the left, it has relay's and a fuse, the more protection the better, and check the headlight switch. i hope this finds you threw the situiation

cheers
garth

W

Wolsrap

The problem is that the black connector under the column has the wrong wires going in to the wrong connection. Because when I got the car some of the wires were dangling out and I don't which colour goes through to which colour. It gets really hot when I have the lights on due to this.

Regards