Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 headlights always on

mick50

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega
The answer to your problem is simple. Every VZ AND VE have the option from the factort if they always want the parkers left on permantly. Every telstra fleet car had this option installed. You can take it to any holden dealer and they can remove it for $60. I have the information sheet at home for these cars and has a page specific to this device. I may be able to scan and post it on here if anyone likes...

I have also just bought an ex Telstra fleet car with the same problem , could you please post me the information sheet if available ........ really annoying problem ...... have only had the car a week and have been asked about 5 times why I am driving around with my lights on .

mick50

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega
Yes please, I've just picked up an ex Telstra VE with the lights on all the time.

Hi Bill , had any luck fixing the problem yet ? Took mine to the local dealer to-day ......... he quoted me $1000 to replace the ECM ......... the only fix ........ or so he recons . Had a post from a mechanic on another site , also telling me it is a small added module located under the dash / steering col , that just has to be removed and the wires / plugs rejoined .

Does anybody know where it is exactly and what it looks like ? 2008 Omega - ex Telstra

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Hi Bill , had any luck fixing the problem yet ? Took mine to the local dealer to-day ......... he quoted me $1000 to replace the ECM ......... the only fix ........ or so he recons . Had a post from a mechanic on another site , also telling me it is a small added module located under the dash / steering col , that just has to be removed and the wires / plugs rejoined .

Does anybody know where it is exactly and what it looks like ? 2008 Omega - ex Telstra

Considering the DRL option is controlled by the BCM thats a little bizzare.

I havent done any myself but Im fairly certain that simply reconfiguring the BCM and turning off the DRL option is all thats required.

mick50

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega
Thanks for that , sounds like a realistic fix . Have established that the removable module was in only up to VZ commodores , VE onwards is controlled by the BCM .

Will go back to the dealer this week armed with research results , I am hoping reconfiguring is possible . Logic is telling me the BCM is only a small computer , and connected to the right diagnostic equipment should be only a matter of changing some input / output settings to correct .

Here,s hoping , they were pretty adamant the only way to fix it was to change the module . Maybe they didn,t have the right equipment to reconfigure ? although they are a very big dealer ........... or maybe they just wanted $ 1000 to cover it in case they could not work it out and had to replace the module .

Would love to know for certain if the reconfigure is an option before I part with my hard earnt . Might ring 2 or 3 dealers to compare options and $$$$$$$.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
any mechanic with a scan tool who knows what they're doing can turn off the "always on function". my car came from shell and my mechanic did it for a 6pack of VB

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
in ve i think you have the bcm reprogrammed AND a relay removed??? not sure about relay though

agsryd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6 Sportswagon
i just searched this problem and have the same. thanks guys

ChuckySS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
I have also just bought an ex Telstra fleet car with the same problem , could you please post me the information sheet if available ........ really annoying problem ...... have only had the car a week and have been asked about 5 times why I am driving around with my lights on .
Hey many years on bought a VE. Same thing on mine. Did you solve this. I've spent thousands on car, twin turbos but never found that magic module keeping lights on. An auto elec said he could bypass it but means rewiring whole setup. BS. Gotta be quick cheaper option

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hey many years on bought a VE. Same thing on mine. Did you solve this. I've spent thousands on car, twin turbos but never found that magic module keeping lights on. An auto elec said he could bypass it but means rewiring whole setup. BS. Gotta be quick cheaper option
Do you have a dash mat? Or is the light sensor cloudy and damaged?

ChuckySS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
Do you have a dash mat? Or is the light sensor cloudy and damaged?
Hey Man. Thanks for replying. Nah no dash matt. Bought new light sensor. Ex fleet car bought with 18000k some setting or module somewhere. Without tearing the car apart figured someone had fixed similar. Driving me nuts. Replacing either taillight or headlight bulbs every other week. Bulbs are cheap enough but... Gotta be fixable.seen few comments exfleet Telstra cars but no actual location or description. Car was near new when bought. Spent 2yrs off road to build dream twin turbo worked VE. Still the same bulb replacement