Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 headlights always on

brenm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Picked up a secondhand SV6 on the weekend but noticed later the next day that the headlights are permanently on. With the switch set to auto, as soon as "Drive" is selected, the headlights come on. I don't think the sensor is faulty though as the dash lights only come on when it gets dark. Will get it looked at this week but was wondering if others have heard the same thing?

Out of curiosity, whats the purpose of having the headlight switch spring loaded so that you can't leave it in "Off" position? What's the logic thre?

brenm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I've tried placing the switch to the "Off" position which is then spring loaded to return to the auto position. Doesn't turn the lights off at all. There is also no way to have parking lights only on - you get headlights in any switch position.

Anyway, the dealer told me yesterday that there is an optional module (?) that's sometimes fitted and if I take it to a Holden Service shop they should be able to remove it and it'll work as normal.

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
yeah doesnt sound right they shud at least turn off if u flick it to the off position and it still will spring back thats just the way it is????

doubledip

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV, LH Torana / LSA / VE E3 HSV interior
not an ex telstra or government car??? the older models used to have a module so the lights were always on in them

brenm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Funny you should say that - former owner was Telstra...

brenm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Todays update. Dropped the car off at the Holden dealer for the day. Went to grab it around 5.15 and he looks at the card and said they couldn't fault it. I politely said bullxxxx and made him go look again. He comes back 2 mins later and says hey, you're right. I told him that I'd read up in past few days and that it was a Telstra post-factory module that needed to be removed. He parks it in a bay and said he'll see if someone can quickly check it with computer.

10 mins later he comes back and said it has to be done online conected to the Holden computer network but nobody was around who could do it (was after closing time by now). He wanted to know whenI could book it back in for another day and I told him don't bother, if they can't find a basic fault, I'm going somewhere else.

Was really pissed off as it's a nightmare to get to and from on public transport from there...

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
book it in and make them do it while you wait it shouldnt take long, as they stuffed you around you should have the upper hand to make them do it while you wait

mattakaspeeedy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V8 BT1
The answer to your problem is simple. Every VZ AND VE have the option from the factort if they always want the parkers left on permantly. Every telstra fleet car had this option installed. You can take it to any holden dealer and they can remove it for $60. I have the information sheet at home for these cars and has a page specific to this device. I may be able to scan and post it on here if anyone likes...

Bill44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega 08 MY09
The answer to your problem is simple. Every VZ AND VE have the option from the factort if they always want the parkers left on permantly. Every telstra fleet car had this option installed. You can take it to any holden dealer and they can remove it for $60. I have the information sheet at home for these cars and has a page specific to this device. I may be able to scan and post it on here if anyone likes...

Yes please, I've just picked up an ex Telstra VE with the lights on all the time.