Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV with HSV binnacle gauges - backlight issue

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
u have the can module also tho not just the gauges with the 3 looped together into the one plug ?

popomoonz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
u have the can module also tho not just the gauges with the 3 looped together into the one plug ?
Yeah mate I have the whole setup from an e1 gts. Gauges, pod, can module, 3 loop wiring and can module to car loom. Also have the suspension wiring still connected which has a plug that fits the can module to car loom. I’m just hoping I could utilise some of the 4 wires that are I. The loom that connected the Atari gauges which plug in on the passenger side of the head unit. If not I might just bite the bullet and get the harness from lsxtreme and wire it up according to the carmod write up floating around

popomoonz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
This isn’t it exactly but I have everything that is shown in the attached pic

Attachments

• IMG_7335.jpeg
    IMG_7335.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
that loom at the top has that plug on it looks to be right to suit the plug on the passenger side so should just plug in, then see if they all work or not

popomoonz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
Yeah I was hoping it would fit but the ssv one was a 4pin plug and the hsv gauge one is 6 I think from memory. Was hoping it was plug and play, maybe 2010 ssv they changed. I don’t know ‍

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
the e1 e2 e3 all used the same gauges just slight look difference thru the years, behind is all the same, i thought that 6 pin was in all sitting there maby not used unless u have the gauges ? unless because u got the other atari gauges it was different loom, what wires are missing from it if yours are 4 wire is it just the can wires ?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
the e1 e2 e3 all used the same gauges just slight look difference thru the years, behind is all the same, i thought that 6 pin was in all sitting there maby not used unless u have the gauges ? unless because u got the other atari gauges it was different loom, what wires are missing from it if yours are 4 wire is it just the can wires ?
The E3 setup is quite a bit different to the setup in the pic.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
The E3 setup is quite a bit different to the setup in the pic.
yea the vent surrounds are different but the gauges and modules ect are the same

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
yea the vent surrounds are different but the gauges and modules ect are the same
Vents are the same, gauges and electronics are similar, but their mounting is different.
Different brackets for mounting the gear and the top cover is all one piece, from the gauges down to the lower console.
Makes it very difficult to access the gauges when their backlighting requires repair.

popomoonz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
When I get home I will have a look and see the colouring. I’ve been trying to find an image of the wiring diagram to use to break what’s what and just add the rest that are needed but I know idea what is what with the 4 pin plug. Hope that makes sense