Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve electric windows

SteveO24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV R8 series 2
Hi everyone. New to the forum. I have a 10/2009 ve hsv r8 series 2 and both front windows aren’t working. The switch and regulators are good and both back window work. The oil pressure guage isn’t working either and there is a loose brown wire to the pos gushes.
The car had a under body fire and the wires were burnt and recently re-wires. Everything else seems to be working. Can anyone help or tell me where I can get specific wiring diagrams?

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
There is a website that you can get the manual free (for VE’s)

SteveO24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV R8 series 2
Thanks. Do you know the web site or have a link?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Try page 6670 for starters:

1687244987907.png

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The car had a under body fire and the wires were burnt and recently re-wires. Everything else seems to be working.
The problem with modern cars is that there are electronic modules throughout and those wiring looms that snake through the car carry voltage, ground and signal wires. Thus a fire that melts wires in a loom can cause damage to modules and sensors that are located some distance away from the wire damage and seemingly not related to the functions the burned loom carries...

For this reason, any fire that melts wiring needs all modules and sensors within the vehicle thoroughly checked... And when odd problems continue to occur post repair, it becomes the insurance companies and repairers issue to resolve (so gotta love those life time repair warranties :p)

That's why I'd always strongly consider making an insurance claim if a fire has melted any wiring.

Hope you solve it the issue and it's a simply thing like a poor ground or similar rather than the window control module.

SteveO24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV R8 series 2
I’ll have to look further. I know the Calais and hsv electric windows are 6 pin plug to regulator and a standard ve has 2 pin plug to the regulator. I was told the windows were controlled by the bcm. Is that right?