Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE BCM

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
I know what you mean, I got sick of using the generic OB2 readers so researched for an affordable but well supported unit that could be utilised across a few manufacturers.
I settled on the icarsoft scanner tool, as even though it’s a US company they had a unit running Holden/Ford oz software (easily and free software updates), it scans 17 systems in my VE including the SRS system and was originally purchased to repair a 06 Territory, back in 2017, quite a good unit with live data and data capture, for what I do with it it’s fine, although I would love a tech2 just to double check sometimes….

thanks
Just seems funny you have SRS code but no fault code shown.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
on vt some cheapo scan tools deleted the srs code but did not turn the light off
maybe try unplugging a seat belt tensioner
then turn ignition on and off
this will set a code
then refit tensioner plug
then use your scan tool to delete the code

73monaro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S3 ute. VE Calais
Update: after much stuffing around, and purchase of a MDI clone, a subscription to tech connect (tech2win & SPS) I have been able to determine the ECM is bad, with no fuel pump signal to the regulator, immobiliser is off and all other units are operational (except for the airbag, it's getting replaced today), the New (used) ECM was programmed and has excepted the correct vin, but to finalise the installation, you have to do what GM call a 10 minute tdm (theft control module) to ECM relearn using the tech2win, (this allows the ECM to actuate the fuel system). only issue is the tech2win does what it's supposed to do, but requests tis2000 approval for the ok before starting the relearn, my version of techconnect doesn't show tis2web (tis2000), but it is supposed to accompany the tech2win software. I believe this is a common issue and I hope someone can provide me with s solution (emailed GM, waiting on response)
other alternative is to find a copy of TIS2000, as this will allow me to do it directly.
I have found a few "FREE" versions on the web, but they all are dodgy, or my virus protection block them, probably for good reason.