Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things That Leave you Gobsmacked (In A Good Way)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I paid $2.20 for 98 today. That's about 6cpl less than my usual servo. It's not on my usual route but I was going past on my way back from the bike shop, who happened to charge me $38 less than they estimated. So some small wins today.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
A little late, posting, but my missus easter present to me , the chocolate egg has gone!!
Another coffee cup to the collection !!

More annoying is I googled Sandman stuff and now I'm getting lots of notifications for Holden Final Chapter Sandman stuff !!!

Here's my Sandman purchase from a couple of months back

1713259459864.jpeg

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
The Lehrmann judgement. Justice Micheal Lee provided an amazing and very informative summary of his deliberations and his reasons for his verdict. It was definitely a very educational insight to the operation of a court in a civil trial.

The African Proverb - “If you escaped from the lion's den, why go back for your hat” has been given a revival!

Last edited:

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
The Lehrmann judgement. Justice Micheal Lee provided an amazing and very informative summary of his deliberations and his reasons for his verdict. It was definitely a very educational insight to the operation of a court in a civil trial.

The African Proverb - “If you escaped from the lion's den, why go back for your hat” has been given a revival!
sometimes its worth it....

hathat.gif

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So went to look at a bike jacket today. It was basically opposite side of the river to me and not in Town like the ad says it was. So had to go about 30min out of my way. Turns out jacket was too small for my fat gut.

Decided to head back through Town and grab my new bike indicators. Then decide to head to the bank and deposit the notes I had drawn out to pay for the jacket. Get back to the bike after depositing the notes, and check my phone and I see Mitre 10 have 20% off Wattyl paint.

Head to Mitre 10 and look to see Wattyl cold gal 1L, is only $2L cheaper than Dulux. Decide to walk out, as don't really need it just yet. Then see the sign says 20% off paint. Confused I check with paint dept and they say yep 20% of all paint. Wholll, now that's worth dropping a couple of 1L cans on the account.
I've been holding out to get cold gal cheaper and today I did, I paid $92.64 for 2L, which will be enough to prime the boat trailer later this year. :)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Had a great night last night with a group from my Church studying the word of God.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Also had a great day today. Day off work and I was able to get out and do some stuff I really enjoy, one riding the bike, and two saving myself money by working on the bike rather than pay to have it done.

Good thing about doing small jobs and fixing things builds my confidence in working on a harder task. I find getting familiar with a car or bike and its workings doesn't make things so daunting when you need to tackle a repair you've not done before. Start small and work up. :) :)