Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Commodore Kitchen

Dylan kingswood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 s2 Ve ss
We have a daughter with celiac disease which makes cooking hard and things taste ...... well put it this way i wouldnt wish it upon anyone.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
We have a daughter with celiac disease which makes cooking hard and things taste ...... well put it this way i wouldnt wish it upon anyone.
Celiac is next level. That would make things very difficult, with so many foods containing gluten.

Dylan kingswood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 s2 Ve ss
Was a big learning curve when she was duagnosed, even down to not using the same toaster.
Coles and woolies have a pretty good selection and all the little trend setter cafes but its bloody expensive lol we have tried a few differant recipes to cut out gluten for pizza bases but they never rise and aerate

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
My sister is celiac and they have a few double appliances with ‘Mums Only’ sticker labels on. And her own shelf in the cupboard. GF is expensive and exhaustive when it’s not a lifestyle choice.

I’m gluten sensitive but not a celiac. I have reactions sometimes but trace amounts don’t bother me. My sister took the hit on gluten for us.

We didn’t grow up with our dad so weren’t aware he has been eating wraps for lunch instead of sandwiches for years as sandwiches make him feel sick. Yeah that’s a clue :D

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
One of my mates has recently been diagnosed as celiac.

His biggest conern ?

Gluten free beer.

Dylan kingswood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 s2 Ve ss
Everything tastes better with gluten lol something you take for granted

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
One of my mates has recently been diagnosed as celiac.

His biggest conern ?

Gluten free beer.
A old work mate of mine was diagnosed with it too.

He's now half the man he used to be when he gave up the beer and changed his whole diet.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Been working on dinner all afternoon,

First it was a pot of Hachee (traditional Dutch stew), about 1.5kg of steak cubed and fried off, then about 2kg of onions sliced and fried, all goes into a big pot to simmer with a few herbs and spices and a dash of vinegar and after many hours of simmering and stirring occasionally we end up with something that looks like this,
iu

(random interwebs pic) Normally served with potatoes (I prefer whole but many like it mashed).

For the gluten intolerant, don't read any further....

Then for desert I'm making Olliebollen. These are normally only a New Years treat/custom but I had a packet of mix left over and the boss wanted em for desert (so I had to clean out the deep frier as you need fresh/clean oil to make them).

iu

Tomorrow it will be 2 loops around the 100 stairs walk!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Been working on dinner all afternoon,

First it was a pot of Hachee (traditional Dutch stew), about 1.5kg of steak cubed and fried off, then about 2kg of onions sliced and fried, all goes into a big pot to simmer with a few herbs and spices and a dash of vinegar and after many hours of simmering and stirring occasionally we end up with something that looks like this,
iu

(random interwebs pic) Normally served with potatoes (I prefer whole but many like it mashed).

For the gluten intolerant, don't read any further....

Then for desert I'm making Olliebollen. These are normally only a New Years treat/custom but I had a packet of mix left over and the boss wanted em for desert (so I had to clean out the deep frier as you need fresh/clean oil to make them).

iu

Tomorrow it will be 2 loops around the 100 stairs walk!
Bloody hell that gave me a shock for a second. All this talk about IBS and Gluten and Celiac and then that pic. Like, don’t get me wrong. It was for just a second. Then I’m like that looks pretty good. But then I’m like, “I thought at a glance it was, then I want to eat it! OMG. What have I become?”

…So I’ve booked into see a psychiatrist to talk through the thought process and eliminate any mental harm I have caused my self.

That Dutch Stew better not have been cooked in a Dutch Oven!