Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Bicycle Thread.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
You can make them. I was looking to make a new cable for the VZ bonnet release and watched a few how to’s on bikes (they use the same cables)
Then I found a new cable.
Yeah the cables not what I’m on about. It’s the actual lever and all parts inside it. I’ve taken it apart to get the cable out and I now don’t know how to put it all back together.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 Executive
Should be ways to fix the lever.
Either watch some video, find some pics and you'll sort it out.

As for MTBs, I've still got my Commencal but it's built for going down not up. A few mates have Scott's and Treks which aren't badly set up. Most will be more than capable of what the majority would be riding. The Mates that ride the Treks have them kitted out, but also easily hit some 30-60ft jumps.

Few weeks back saw the handmade bike show, some really nice looking bikes.

Currently watching the Tour and not long until the BMX World's start in Nantes France. Big few weeks of bikes.
Not to also forget the Downhill world cups which have been on aswell.
Thats awesome, hopefully not broken collarbones! I’m more of technical/single track rider (sometimes do jumps) and I’ve got giant reign and it has been fine for what I do.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Thats awesome, hopefully not broken collarbones! I’m more of technical/single track rider (sometimes do jumps) and I’ve got giant reign and it has been fine for what I do.

Ahh nice.
Those reigns are very decent for the majority of people, very capable.

Many over equip themselves and don't learn fundamentals to a really good level. It's one thing I enjoy about a BMX is that you have to be smooth or it hurts. Teaches how to get backside on a jump, how to pick up over rollers and all that. Very good for balance and handling skills too. Also funny when you can upset some very serious people when proving they don't need what they have.

As for broken bodies, when you learn how to ride fast and go big, you learn how to fall.
Just a part of riding.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
My Father In Law has a sick bike rack for the back. It fits into the tow hitch. 3 bikes. Has a little number plate and light.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
The number plate is a must as a mate has been done before for not having had it on the rear of the rack.

Something like that Thule will work fine.
I take it you are aiming for one that the bikes sit on by the wheels rather than hang from the top tube? (understandable if they are mountain bikes)
Know of a few with those Yakima brand ones, or other similar styles, they all do the same thing.

Personally i just use some 20-25 year old A frame style rack.

But if you want to really look into another style, check out a brand called "Dirty Possum"

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Did you end up buying a rack for the car?

As for bike stuff, Been watching a few mates riding over in the US.
And finally stripped a bike down to be able to drop it off at a powdercoaters to get the old clear baked off so we can clean it up.

Reactions: Lex

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Did you end up buying a rack for the car?

As for bike stuff, Been watching a few mates riding over in the US.
And finally stripped a bike down to be able to drop it off at a powdercoaters to get the old clear baked off so we can clean it up.

Yes I did.

Went for a Buzzrack Buzzybee H2, on the back of a recommendation from a work colleague.
LINK

Needed a bit of finagling to fit onto the short receiver on the Challenger (seemingly well known issue...)
Not used it in anger yet, just a test setup.
Seemed good design, reasonable price.

Will update if it all falls off!

BR-2H-BUZZYBEE.jpg

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Well it's kinda Bicycle related.

For anyone keen, there is the Handmade Bicycle Show at Seaworks in Williamstown Vic from the 2-4th June.

Normally some pretty interesting things there, lots of titanium, carbon and handcrafted goodness.
Also a good viewing of some high quality craftsmanship in terms of fabrication.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Meh that's old school, I want AI assisted design on a 3D 5-Axis computer numerically controlled system reverse errotomatic ignition after power modulation cylinder.