Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VY] Splice in LED light strips to your fog light wires.

vxspax

Reaction score
Members Ride
black vx spac
just another option with the heat shrink bud! not doubting your skills in in industry!

VLSabo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Metlink Monthly Pass
You sure this is legal mate?

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
First up those cheap ebay LEDs look better than I expected them to.
Second, It actually looks really good IMO, I also thought that having them around the fogs would look cool, like a halo.
Third, Nice write up mate :spot on:

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
at first i thought this would look like ****, but i really like the outcome, looks good. I reckon in time i'd probably get over it, hence why i wouldn't do it on my car, but at the time of this post, i reckon its a good job lol. :thumbsup:

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
with mine i just tapped into the interior light circuit and got a 3 way switch and connected the switch to the parkers, interior lights and nothing (to turn them off for good).. Works out pretty well, Doing it this way their on for good and if you see cops and go oh no you cant quickly turn them off haha, but none the less good writeup dude,..
I put some white leds under the actual headlight (kinda like the audi's) looks pretty sweet when the parkers are on..

But yeh as i said good idea to put it on the interior light too if ya can, coz as far as im aware with the legality issues the car can have lights installed as long is its not traveling on a public road, so that means its not illegal if the car is parked with them on, or your cruising off-road somewhere.. i had a weblink for it a bit ago when i looked into it, cant find it now though :(

Excale

Aussie N Proud!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 5sp Manual[SOLD], VN V6[SOLD],VR S 5sp
Awesome write up! Cool dog too!

Mty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Exec
- You will appear to be a wanker to most people driving around with these on.

I really must ask... Why? They dont look that bad. Like, theres some old maroon falcon that gets around where I live that has a bright blue neon under the front bumper - that is what I'd call a wanker.

StormVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Storm Ute
I really must ask... Why? They dont look that bad. Like, theres some old maroon falcon that gets around where I live that has a bright blue neon under the front bumper - that is what I'd call a wanker.

I like them and most of my friends who see them roll their eyes but say it looks ok as well. I just said it to stop anyone else coming on here saying it first ;)

Cheers for all the positive feedback guys.

On a side note, I saw on one of those big orange LED signs in NSW that "it is an offense to drive with your fog lights on when the weather conditions are not adverse". I checked up on the RTA site and it looks like the white LEDs are ok as long as they are not distracting to drivers. So to keep it all above board you may want to either splice them into your parkers or a seperate switch. I am not sure if the parkers are 12V, which is what the LEDs need.

Mty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Exec
I like them and most of my friends who see them roll their eyes but say it looks ok as well. I just said it to stop anyone else coming on here saying it first ;)

Haha fair enough, yeah I like them too. Saw some around the bottom of a VT's headlights today at Autosalon, looked really nice :D

ScufVZwags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX8
Great write up mate. Iv got some of thow Led stip lights for my car im just waiting to put them on under my head lights