Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Some how i'm running an illegal mechanic

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I am a little confused, with you saying the real estate complained to you, yet they are dumb founded, which to me means they have no idea, so they wouldn't send a letter of complaint...

To the issue.....The real estate would have to have a clause stating you can't work on cars to turf you in the middle of a lease....Otherwise, when the lease is ready for renewal, they won't renew it and that's that.

I'd see what the real estate wants you to do and take it from there....

Locl67vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy commodore l67
I am a little confused, with you saying the real estate complained to you, yet they are dumb founded, which to me means they have no idea, so they wouldn't send a letter of complaint...

To the issue.....The real estate would have to have a clause stating you can't work on cars to turf you in the middle of a lease....Otherwise, when the lease is ready for renewal, they won't renew it and that's that.

I'd see what the real estate wants you to do and take it from there....
I mean The real estate agent told me about the complaint.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I mean The real estate agent told me about the complaint.

If the real estate hasn't got a problem, I wouldn't worry too much.....There are people in this world that have nothing better to do than whinge about something.

I'll let you have my next door neighbour.....First, he wants me to move my cars in the backyard away from the fence, despite me being in my house before he moved into his.

The stupid twit was renting his property out before I moved into my house and didn't know or didn't want to know, his tenant was growing....

He recently lodge a complaint to my council, that I have wrecks in my yard....Council comes out, I show them they are all registerable moveable cars, and they leave with a big sorry sir..

The final laughable one was, I had 3 unregistered dogs on my property....I had one dog, which was registered and the 2nd one had been put down over 12 months prior to the complaint.....Had that dog for 13 or 14 years...Served the council about that one, telling them to take note of their records before following up on stupid complaints....

That's just the tip of the ice berg with that one

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
If the real estate hasn't got a problem, I wouldn't worry too much.....There are people in this world that have nothing better to do than whinge about something.

I'll let you have my next door neighbour.....First, he wants me to move my cars in the backyard away from the fence, despite me being in my house before he moved into his.

The stupid twit was renting his property out before I moved into my house and didn't know or didn't want to know, his tenant was growing....

He recently lodge a complaint to my council, that I have wrecks in my yard....Council comes out, I show them they are all registerable moveable cars, and they leave with a big sorry sir..

The final laughable one was, I had 3 unregistered dogs on my property....I had one dog, which was registered and the 2nd one had been put down over 12 months prior to the complaint.....Had that dog for 13 or 14 years...Served the council about that one, telling them to take note of their records before following up on stupid complaints....

That's just the tip of the ice berg with that one
Some people seem to have nothing better to do than be a thorn in the side of everyone else. Thing is I bet these people did the same shite at some point in their lives and now they bitch at other people for doing the same thing because they happen to be at a point in their lives that they don’t like it anymore.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Some people seem to have nothing better to do than be a thorn in the side of everyone else. Thing is I bet these people did the same shite at some point in their lives and now they bitch at other people for doing the same thing because they happen to be at a point in their lives that they don’t like it anymore.

I tell my next door neighbour to go get root....Gives him something to occupy his time instead of sticking his nose in my business.

Locl67vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy commodore l67
I know, the problem is that the more they complain to the real estate the more likely I can't find another house. I'm planning to move out anyway, the whole area is stuffed. I've been getting eshays wrecking my cars, stuff gets stolen around the neighbourhood, house is falling apart and now this. Me and my house mate are pissed off.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I know, the problem is that the more they complain to the real estate the more likely I can't find another house. I'm planning to move out anyway, the whole area is stuffed. I've been getting eshays wrecking my cars, stuff gets stolen around the neighbourhood, house is falling apart and now this. Me and my house mate are pissed off.

What sort of mood did the real estate appear to be in?

I'll assume they have done regular inspections through out your tenancy?

Landlords/agents quite often get complaints by people that have nothing better to do than whinge....If they aren't overly concerned with how you've been as a tenant, I seriously doubt they'll be a thorn in your side finding another rental, especially if you have been there a couple of years

Locl67vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy commodore l67
What sort of mood did the real estate appear to be in?

Landlords/agents quite often get complaints by people that have nothing better to do than whinge....If they aren't overly concerned with how you've been as a tenant, I seriously doubt they'll be a thorn in your side finding another rental
The agent was confused, but he's on my side. But he had to report it.

Locl67vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy commodore l67
Guys I'll keep you updated on what happens this weekend. I've talked to a few people nearby and they don't have an issue with me and my house mate working on our cars. I'm suspecting it's one of the neighbours or someone that lives a few doors down.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
If the lease doesn’t say anything about working on your vehicle, then you need to consider the body corporate rules if your covered by one… If that doesn’t say anything then you need to consider what the council says.

The problem isn’t just working on your car as the lease/body corporate/council may have rules around noise, disturbances and such. For example, where I live, you can’t sit and idle a car for 1/2 an hour to warm up your car in the owning since the council rules state you must start and promptly drive off to reduce disturbances to your neighbours.

Check all the rules and then make sure you aren’t flagrantly breaking them (working on your car until the sun goes down banging on things generally will have you breaking noise rules).

Try and find out who is complaining and have a friendly talk to them. They could be doing shift work and your banging makes it hard for them to sleep or they could be asthmatic and petrol fumes make it hard for them to breath when the wind blows in a particular direction.

If you’re being reasonable and looking after the amenity of your surrounds (noise, fumes, etc) and your not disruptive to your neigbours (burnouts or racing the engine as you take off to work at 6am every morning) and your following the rules, then you should be ok to ignore such whining..

Just be cautious that your lease may have clauses around “disturbance” so as you live in a residential area, house mates work8ng on their cars at the same time does have the same characteristics as a workshop so that may put you in a difficult place should you continue…

Maybe don’t work on two cars at the same time and don’t work until sundown would be my advice.

Alternatively buy a small farm further out of the city and you can do almost anything you want. And when suburbia reaches you in 30 years, you can subdivide and retire rather wealthy ;) So this complain5 may be a blessing in disguise :p