Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Samsung Galaxy S5 vs Samsung Note 3

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I am not a massive phone user, but I do check FB a few times a day, use Bluetooth music at least an hour a day, have youtube or movies playing for about 1.5 hours a day, and quite a few phone calls.

With my S4 I would go home with about 20% battery roughly, with S5 I go home with at least 50-60%.

I don't know what Samsung have done but this phone is amazing with battery.

Also megapixels mean **** all, optics is everything.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
I charge my Note 2 once a day.

I listen to music at work, I am on FB, then go to gym and listen to music there and watch an episode of a tv series on the cross trainer.

ive been on youtube since 9 am this morning (currently 12:30) and my phone is at 80%.

Look at what is drawing your power. If your battery life is that bad on a Galaxy, something is chewing power or youre just on it non stop.

Gren;

personal emails, fb, text, calander etc is always being used. I do a big of promoting for various nightclubs etc.. so yeah.. in contact with people all the time. For example, im at work, had to use my phone for work before, so was on Maps/earth etc whilst in meetings as well. I just threw my phone on charge @ 25-30%.

I do close background apps down frequently. I just think I've flogged my battery.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Windows OS is terrible. I moved from the iPhone 4S to the Lumia 920 and hated it. some of the live games are fun, but they cost 3x times as much as they do on andriod or IOS. and there is so few apps in the store it's not funny. and the camera wasn't that great. from there I went to a Sony Xperia Z which I loved, and the camera was a lot better. I would have gone to the Z Ultra (6.4 inch screen) if it had the same camera, but they gave it the same internals with an 8MP camera and no flash. After that I got the Note 3 and love it.

I'd say the only way to decide between the S5 and the Note 3 (if you are set on those two, I'd also look at a Xperia z2), is by looking at your hands, and are they big enough for the note. I also like the waterproofing for the S5 (My xpearia Z took awesome underwater photos, I hope the S5 can as well), but hopefully they'll bring that across in the note 4.