Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

S1 Ve Radio Programming

WitiTune

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Senator
Hi Everyone,

Ive been looking online but for some reason the carmodders page that im sure had the info i needed is gone, lots of links to it but the website just wont load.

I am in the process of replacing my faulty radio in my series 1 Calais, I have sourced a replacement from the exact same year calais, I have stripped the main unit, done the eeprom dump and rewritten that using my vin without any hassles, where I am stuck is conflicting information around the face panel and coding that, the radio and face i have are both from the same vehicle, I have read the eeprom from the face panel however there is only a very small amount of data in it and none seems to be vin related.

Does anyone know if i fit this unit and face will i have any issues, or was it only the vin in the main unit i needed to change?

Cheers,
Witi

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Use the facia from the old one.

WitiTune

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Senator
Use the facia from the old one.
Hi Fu Manchu,

I still have not had a chance to try the s1 stuff out, I got distracted working on my e3 and wouldnt you know it I refitted the dash and radio and now my it is coming up bluetooth module failure :confused: luckily I have spare parts lying around for days, so I have stripped the spare e3 back unit I have, could not read the eeprom at all, I did find on the forums here a guy saying he had luck with a VF mylink by powering the unit whilereading the eeprom.

Trying to power the unit and read it has led to some results but I do not think the dump is complete. Do you know anyone who would have a series 2 eeprom dump I can compare to?(or is willing to look at mine if I send it to them) I could only find the vin once and it is backwards and seems to be a lot of no data for a bigger 24c64 chip

Cheers,
Witi