Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rest In Peace Nelson Mandela

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
Photo%206-12-13%2011%2035%2049%20AM.jpg

that's morgan freeman from the movie invictus-lol

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
George Washington fought in American war of independence, which could be regarded as terrorist event ( rebelling against the British). Charles DeGaulle fought with the Resistance (I think). But he led South Africa from the nonsensical abyss that was apartheid, onto a new future. RIP Madiba.....

adolph hitler invaded poland becuase his country was CRIPPLED by a war debt from their last armed conflict that they felt was unfair.

japan invaded pretty much every country around them in the hopes of getting access to much needed resources their country lacked to survive.

"terrorists" detonate IED's everytday in the hopes of repelling US forces stationed in their country.

indegenous astralians threw spears for a bit.

history remembers the victors. and sadly we remember whoever the world news tells us to remember.

im in no way way saying that mandella wasnt essential in the fall of apartheid. what i am saying is there are other ways of achieving your goals. bombings, torture and murder being the last last last last last last resort.

whos to say it wouldnt have fallen faster without all the killings?

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
very true,i agree with you-hindsight is a wonderful thing,

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
there is no greater respect than one that is from someone who knows all the costs, all the pain and all the suffering that has gone into making a man a great man.

there is no disputing that Mr Mandela was a great man, but when we know the facts that took him down the road from being a man, to being a great human being, then surely we can start to understand/see through all the propaganda-lies-bullshit that we are being fed by moden media about many of the people we once may have held in low or high regard our whole lives.

when people FULLY understand apartheid, the overwhelming acceptance by white afrikaans at the time, the atrocities it led to and the lengths people were willing to go through to achieve personal freedom, then maybe our scope on various other essential topics, such as todays refugees and immigration will one day be also be understood.

i see so many of the same people posting "RIP Nelson Mandella" on the FB status'es, yet at the same time i see "stop the boats" or "fk off we're full"

id like to think nelson was given a soap box for human rights not freedom of africa. his voice was the voice of BILLIONS, not millions of opressed people. so many people are just jumping on the band wagon cos' they saw a movie once with matt damon (which i still havnt seen) about a rugby game or some ****, and theyre all like "oh yeah, nelson, he is cool"

anyway i had a point but i lost it.

RIP Mr mandella.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
there is no greater respect than one that is from someone who knows all the costs, all the pain and all the suffering that has gone into making a man a great man.

there is no disputing that Mr Mandela was a great man, but when we know the facts that took him down the road from being a man, to being a great human being, then surely we can start to understand/see through all the propaganda-lies-bullshit that we are being fed by moden media about many of the people we once may have held in low or high regard our whole lives.

when people FULLY understand apartheid, the overwhelming acceptance by white afrikaans at the time, the atrocities it led to and the lengths people were willing to go through to achieve personal freedom, then maybe our scope on various other essential topics, such as todays refugees and immigration will one day be also be understood.

i see so many of the same people posting "RIP Nelson Mandella" on the FB status'es, yet at the same time i see "stop the boats" or "fk off we're full"

id like to think nelson was given a soap box for human rights not freedom of africa. his voice was the voice of BILLIONS, not millions of opressed people. so many people are just jumping on the band wagon cos' they saw a movie once with matt damon (which i still havnt seen) about a rugby game or some ****, and theyre all like "oh yeah, nelson, he is cool"

anyway i had a point but i lost it.

RIP Mr mandella.

As possibly one of few , if not only JC members , who has seen how apartheid works , and felt its laws imposed on people of colour , for Cape Coloured like myself it was a little different to the Black South Africans , as we were in a sub-class , it's hard to put it into words but its a little cliche like , but " You weren't there man , you don't know , " is probably the best way of putting it without getting into to many details , and dragging up bad memories and some experiences . But however I've moved on from not being allowed service at a burger bar. .
peace out .
:beer chug:

PS That film with Matt Damon , when South Africa beat the All Blacks , :dance: was shite .

Last edited: